ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Scheduling, recruiting, etc...

It appears that Davis wants to schedule H & H games with either a power 5 school or a high mid-major. The article seems to imply that other C-USA schools have more money to buy games the type of games Davis wants, but I haven't seen evidence that the other conference teams have been able to have better home schedules. Did I miss something?

I think CKD has done a pretty remarkable job with scheduling. Not sure anyone else has done it better in conference.

It appears that Davis wants to schedule H & H games with either a power 5 school or a high mid-major. The article seems to imply that other C-USA schools have more money to buy games the type of games Davis wants, but I haven't seen evidence that the other conference teams have been able to have better home schedules. Did I miss something?

Here was his quote?

“We can’t go out and buy a game with an opponent like other schools in Conference USA can,” Davis said. “Everything we have to do has to be from a budget and we have to schedule a home-and-home game."

Who in CUSA can buy home games and have a tougher schedule than we have had?

If other C-USA schools can afford these games, then they are intentionally NOT scheduling them. The lack of commitment to hoops by our conference brethren is troubling.

Not the first time I've thought that either editors are changing Amato's copy or he doesn't really understand just what he is writing about. Very confusing to readers who would like to get a clear message.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I found the article strange and confusing. I pretty much get coach kermit saying he has a budget to keep to when scheduling. Saying other C-USA programs don't have that concern comes across as odd.

While it's not exactly his context, perhaps he is referring to other large program's reticence in scheduling the highly successful MT from C-USA. A problem most if not all other C-USA schools are free from due to poor overall ooc performance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT