ADVERTISEMENT

Episode 7 feat. Sam Doughton

Had Sam Doughton, Staff Writer for MT Athletic Communications on this week. Really good stuff from him as we break down last weeks talk with the AD, the finalized coaching staff, men’s and women’s hoops, and both tennis squads pick up wins at Arkansas and Chattanooga.
I enjoy reading his feature articles on GBR.com. He works for the school so it’s his job to promote the school and its programs.
He’s a UNC grad, so imagine it can be difficult to stay excited given the dwindling support some programs have, especially among the students.
Hope he continues to improve at his craft and gets more opportunities down the road.

Reactions: jakeboldenbrp
I have a question, next time anyone from Athletics Department is on, can you ask when they are going to honor Boots? Should do it why he is still a live.

I have a question, next time anyone from Athletics Department is on, can you ask when they are going to honor Boots? Should do it why he is still a live.
They already have 🤔😳. Great ceremony where his statue was unveiled. Coach Bunio spearheaded the fundraising. Not sure what else you expect?

They already have 🤔😳. Great ceremony where his statue was unveiled. Coach Bunio spearheaded the fundraising. Not sure what else you expect?
Get him back on campus, name the field after him do something. This will help with the former players coming back as well. Show some good will. The statue is nice, i just see how his nemesis Coach Kidd was treated before he died and how they just love him in Richmond. Kidd has that same statue as well on the hill in the stadium and he was always around the team, even the week he passed away. EKU also uses him in the pregame video.

Get him back on campus, name the field after him do something. This will help with the former players coming back as well. Show some good will. The statue is nice, i just see how his nemesis Coach Kidd was treated before he died and how they just love him in Richmond. Kidd has that same statue as well on the hill in the stadium and he was always around the team, even the week he passed away. EKU also uses him in the pregame video.
Anyone that’s been around the program a good while knows there’s a fair amount of animosity between Boots & Dr McPhee. Boots always comes back when any of his players are inducted in the MT HOF. My wife and I attended his College Football HOF induction and drove up for his statue dedication. So, at one time we considered both Boots & Carol close friends. Not going to add anything past that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT