ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Recruiting Trail Rolls through Florida

Apr 28, 2019
By: Rickey Fuquay, Jr.

MURFREESBORO, TENN. – Last week, I previewed two prospects from the Class of 2021 who received offers from Middle Tennessee State. Today, I am turning to 2020 and bringing emphasis on another talented athlete from the Class of 2020. Allow me to introduce you to Defensive Tackle Jerzhan Newton.

Newton, a three-star prospect from Clearwater, Fla., is the oldest of three other brothers (Jerjuan, Jerquan and Jervon) who all attend Clearwater Central Catholic School.

Standing at 6’3, 250 lbs., he is currently ranked No. 1185 nationally, No. 59 DE and No. 139 in the state of Florida.

This is Newton’s sixth offer overall as he has also received offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Florida and West Virginia.

Just like in the state of Georgia, the Blue Raiders have had their share of great athletes from The Sunshine State including former Jacksonville Jaguar and Tampa Bay Storm Cornerback and Defensive Coordinator at Miami Killian Senior High School, Rod Issac.

It will be interesting to see how the crystal ball prediction turns out when National Signing Day comes in 2020.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News