ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting gurus, I have a question

BRaiderDave

All American
Jul 26, 2005
Am I thinking right that there is now a November signing day for high school football players? If so, when is it and who will we sign? In looking at the commitment list on this site I only see a few players, none of which has committed since July.

It's December and obviously the first year this is being allowed. I don't know if we are strategically waiting and going after kids after the December signing period, or what, because we certainly don't have a lot of commits compared to some other schools. Hell, Arkansas State appears to have a full class (of highly rated players). Not sure what's going on with recruiting here at MT.

As a coach here in GA, a lot of schools are waiting to see who signs in December, so they aren't wasting time with kids. None of the coaches really know how this is going to play out. I know 1 SEC school changed their mat drills because they don't know if they are going to be on the road trying to recruit kids. 2018 is a slow cycle. You going have stuck with kids also that they could've upgraded. It will be interesting

Yeah the new structure is definitely a root cause of the slow play you're seeing here, particularly with MT.

That said, between the early signing period and the upcoming JUCO signing period, I'm expecting things to pick up very soon.

FWIW, most movement I've seen right now regarding MT is within the JUCO ranks.

They are doing enough to keep high school kids interested while they work on the juco kids

Reactions: C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT