ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Raiders accept invitation to the Hawaii Bowl

Cy9cCPTUoAENq6e.jpg

They gave the nod in offense to the Rainbows - shocked
That's laughable. MT averages nearly 14 points more than Hawaii. If Brent is behind center on Dec 24th, I like MT's offense.

FWIW, Hawaii's defense is statistically worse than MT's (if you can believe that)

The big advantage for Hawaii is jet lag from visiting opponents

That's laughable. MT averages nearly 14 points more than Hawaii. If Brent is behind center on Dec 24th, I like MT's offense.

FWIW, Hawaii's defense is statistically worse than MT's (if you can believe that)

Yeah, we're 9th in total offense and they are 88th. They are 118th in stopping the run. I'Tavius should have a field day. I say we flip to that crazy Raider offense with Richie at QB with the option flip/keep stuff and Bam. I hope we throw the kitchen sink at them. If we do, we'll dust them. Their offense is like FAU's. Sheesh, they barely beat UMass and UT Martin for Pete's sake.

Basically, any team that has a decent pass attack has dusted them. They did beat a 9 win Air Force team but those guys were just run with no pass attack. We are run with a great pass attack with Brent. If we get Brent back, then Richie and Lee will force their LB's to cover which opens the run lanes up. Good luck.

I've only been saying that for about 20 years when they unveiled it. Our entire graphic design dept. at MT wept that we weren't even consulted and over how hideous that thing is. Just do the MT by itself and call it a day.

I say it is time for a total rework of brand, univ name, logo, mascot, etc. etc. I'm not holding my breath. I have no idea how the new university governance will work out. It would be hard to do worse than the TBR. I'm not holding my breath. Unless attitudes have seriously changed, Blue Raiders is incredibly well liked. Problem for branding, logo, and mascot, what the heck is a "Blue Raider?"

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Lightning needs to go. Everything I make or buy I try to just use the MT logo. Even my tattoo is just the letters. No stinking horse. We should just go by Middle. Not another one in the country. University of Middle Tennessee and everyone just say Middle.

That being said. Is anyone worried that we will come out flat thinking we should whoop them? Getting to our heads so to speak? I've seen enough performances to know it can happen. It shouldn't. But....

I've only been saying that for about 20 years when they unveiled it. Our entire graphic design dept. at MT wept that we weren't even consulted and over how hideous that thing is. Just do the MT by itself and call it a day.

I say it is time for a total rework of brand, univ name, logo, mascot, etc. etc. I'm not holding my breath. I have no idea how the new university governance will work out. It would be hard to do worse than the TBR. I'm not holding my breath. Unless attitudes have seriously changed, Blue Raiders is incredibly well liked. Problem for branding, logo, and mascot, what the heck is a "Blue Raider?"

Lightning needs to go. Everything I make or buy I try to just use the MT logo. Even my tattoo is just the letters. No stinking horse. We should just go by Middle. Not another one in the country. University of Middle Tennessee and everyone just say Middle.....

There should be a complete reboot. Name/Logo/Mascot/Nickname. About the only thing I would keep is the color Blue...

There should be a complete reboot. Name/Logo/Mascot/Nickname. About the only thing I would keep is the color Blue...

Part of me would agree with you. Our problem is there is no standard across campus. Looking at WVU and Alabama's branding guide, they all use the flying WV and capstone A. We have a logo for Aerospace, for Campus Rec, the word mark, the "athletic logo". Everyone is supposed to be on the same page but isn't. I thought part of the CUSA contract stated that our TV partners had to call us Middle Tennessee and not MTSU, but I have seen and heard MTSU so many times it makes me scream.

If they are going to do it, you are right. Do it all at once, using athletics as the springboard. Hopefully with a bowl win leading to wins in the big dance for Kermit and then a double digit win regular season and Conference Champs for FB next year.

Does anyone still remember when Lightning was introduced in 1998 with the logo brand and redesign? Before "punk'd" was a thing, I am pretty sure we all watched Lightning come out and was like...."That's funny but really...what is our mascot....oh wait...we have a unicorn for a mascot."

Reactions: T2Tool
Gotta say, if I was a young football player, I'd be loving a bowl trip to Hawaii. An excellent destination for a young person launching out into the journey of life. Especially when people of that younger age do not have the financial resources yet in life to go on a Hawaii trip otherwise.

For those who are older and cash loaded, Hawaii Bowl is a good excuse to take a few days off and get away to a really nice destination.

For typical people busy with career and family, Hawaii is a tough trip to plan in just a couple of weeks.

Again, it's a nice bowl game for the players due to the island paradise. Otherwise, it's basically an away game for MT playing the home team Hawaii. I'm guessing over 95% of those in attendance will be there as fans of Hawaii.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT