ADVERTISEMENT

Radio for yesterday's doubleheader

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
I couldn't go to either game in Alabama or be at my TV for the entire 6 1/2 + time from the BkB pre-game through the FB post-game. I had expected to be able to hear both games on the radio during the time I had to be away from the TV and the net (Holiday responsibilities and all that).

Alas, not so at my location outside of the M'Boro city limits. Can anyone who checked tell me which stations on our "network" were carrying either of the games yesterday? I plan to complain "bitch is a better word" to the powers-that-be on campus and at the individual stations (only three that I know of and two I can get at my location (89.5 and 102.5) once I know definitely which stations in our huge network were carrying or not carrying our games.

Thanks

I think 102.5, 97.5 and WGNS had the basketball game.

WGNS was going to JIP the football game after basketball. I think 94.9 and 93.9 had football from the beginning.

Randall, thanks for your response.

Where I live only 89.5 is clear when at home or in my vehicle. If the game is not on there I can listen to 102.5 or it's sister station 94.9 (neither is as strong a signal as 89.5) but: 102.5 is listed by the school as being on the network while 94.9 is not. How are we supposed to know which of "The Game" stations to listen to?
Neither 97.5 nor any of the three WGNS signals are clear to me where I live (probably no more than 30 miles in a straight line from campus).
Is the 93.9 station you gave the Lynchburg/Tullahoma "The Duck" station that a huge announcement was made about when they joined the network 8 or 10 years ago? I did pick up a FB game there once when in southern mid-TN but the next time I tried to listen the game wasn't on and I feel sure they never carried BkB. Are they now on the network (not that it would help me)? The station is no longer listed on the school web site.

Living in Memphis I listen to all football games via iPhone. I have the WGNS app and 102.5 app. WGNS was playing some theatre radio and 102.5 was a generic sports show. I checked WMOT and they were playing music. I emailed radio@goblueraiders and they promptly responded by telling me to use the Tune In app. I was able to get the game on a free trail but it’s $10/month

I just didnt understand why all the stations weren’t playing the game on their websites/apps. Did anyone locally listen to WGNS on the radio? Was it theatre?

Randall, thanks for your response.

Where I live only 89.5 is clear when at home or in my vehicle. If the game is not on there I can listen to 102.5 or it's sister station 94.9 (neither is as strong a signal as 89.5) but: 102.5 is listed by the school as being on the network while 94.9 is not. How are we supposed to know which of "The Game" stations to listen to?
Neither 97.5 nor any of the three WGNS signals are clear to me where I live (probably no more than 30 miles in a straight line from campus).
Is the 93.9 station you gave the Lynchburg/Tullahoma "The Duck" station that a huge announcement was made about when they joined the network 8 or 10 years ago? I did pick up a FB game there once when in southern mid-TN but the next time I tried to listen the game wasn't on and I feel sure they never carried BkB. Are they now on the network (not that it would help me)? The station is no longer listed on the school web site.

I don’t know the answers to these questions. The information I posted came from seeing a tweet from Chip Walters on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT