ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Bowling Green State series, ESPN+, Friday - Sunday, February 16, 17, 18, 2024

Scored 3 runs and gave up 2 earned runs. Lost by 4. Simply can't happen. Defense HAS to clean up all of these concentration errors. Seemed to be a long day ever since RF Eston Snider didn't close the glove and dropped a routine lineout, which kept the inning alive and allowed two runs to come in afterwards. Rough day for defense and didn't really seem to pose a threat to bring guys in offensively. Will take the series win to start the year, but the defense needs to be addressed immediately.

On a side note, freshman Turner Junkins made his debut today and immediately showed what he could do. Got a pop out with runners at second and third with two outs in the 5th inning. Did hit two batters but other than that, thought he did pretty good. As someone who likes to paint the edges of the strike zone, the umpire not giving any edge on either side was tough for him, but you could tell the stuff was there. Covered him in high school and didn't have a problem with control so don't think that will be a problem. If he can locate the pitches, he could be a legitimate factor as a freshman in a bullpen that seems to still be deciding itself right now

Scored 3 runs and gave up 2 earned runs. Lost by 4. Simply can't happen. Defense HAS to clean up all of these concentration errors. Seemed to be a long day ever since RF Eston Snider didn't close the glove and dropped a routine lineout, which kept the inning alive and allowed two runs to come in afterwards. Rough day for defense and didn't really seem to pose a threat to bring guys in offensively. Will take the series win to start the year, but the defense needs to be addressed immediately.

On a side note, freshman Turner Junkins made his debut today and immediately showed what he could do. Got a pop out with runners at second and third with two outs in the 5th inning. Did hit two batters but other than that, thought he did pretty good. As someone who likes to paint the edges of the strike zone, the umpire not giving any edge on either side was tough for him, but you could tell the stuff was there. Covered him in high school and didn't have a problem with control so don't think that will be a problem. If he can locate the pitches, he could be a legitimate factor as a freshman in a bullpen that seems to still be deciding itself right now
Yea Turner was a beast at SBA. That was a fun season to watch. I really excited he came to MT.

Awesome man! I have two young kiddos there now. We love SBA.

I hope you, Brett Rogers and Junkins all love your time at MT as much as I did.
Passed Brett in the hallway this morning actually haha. Excited to see the baseball team come up to MTCS for the classic thing this season. But yeah SBA is great!!

Reactions: Noogaraider1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT