ADVERTISEMENT

Quote about Butch Jones that made me sad

bobdizole

Blue Raider
May 7, 2015
The Vols are 3-4. That’s bad, and it looks worse when piled atop a 4-4 finish after last season’s 5-0 start. Jones is in Year 5, which is certainly past the point where if a coach isn’t moving his program forward, he’s moving it backward.

Year 5 is past the point eh? What about year 12?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
UT is paying Jones what like 4 mill a year and pumping like 100 mill a year into that thing. They have the funds to stay accountable and Jones will walk away set for life.

MT on the other hand is broke with no fan support or rich fans for that matter and we have to play body bag games to keep the program alive. It's literally apple vs. oranges. Many people are saying that Stock may retire after next year. He's tired and it's not an easy job. We'll see.

While it might be blueberries and oranges(like what I did there), it's sad that our school has so little culture invested in football that mediocrity is not only accepted, but encouraged with the contract CRS was given. Had the bar been moved just a little higher with requiring a bowl win or 8/9 win season it would have either completely changed the product we put on the field or given us options to move on from the CRS era.

Reactions: Predarat
While it might be blueberries and oranges(like what I did there), it's sad that our school has so little culture invested in football that mediocrity is not only accepted, but encouraged with the contract CRS was given. Had the bar been moved just a little higher with requiring a bowl win or 8/9 win season it would have either completely changed the product we put on the field or given us options to move on from the CRS era.

I think a bowl win is a very reasonable bar for an extension.

That means you got to one and managed to win it, setting yourself up for a positive offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT