ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Blueraider_Mike

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
Mike, on the other board there is the narrative that Middle Tennessee fans were "badly treated, disrespected, and abused" by Vanderbilt fans. Since you were there in 2001, can you honestly say that this accusation is an honest portrayal of what happened? Because I was at all of those games and know this did not happen. There is about as much truth to it as what the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" crowd said about Michael Brown and Ferguson, Missouri. This victimization mindset never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:
Flash, I know you asked Mike the question, but I was at the game and saw no such treatment. I'm no Vandy fan (by a long shot), but they seemed respectful to me.

--BBJ

Thanks, BBJ. I'm curious if you were at the WKU game back in 2007. If so, how would you describe the behavior of the MT students during that game?

From what I remember it was mostly MT fans that happened to walk through an area where young Vandy student/frat types were tailgating and getting drunk that got the abuse. That can happen anywhere.

From what I remember it was mostly MT fans that happened to walk through an area where young Vandy student/frat types were tailgating and getting drunk that got the abuse. That can happen anywhere.

First MTSU game I ever went to and the only one I got to go to while I wad going to school was the 05 Vandy game. I walked right through those idiots and ended up sitting near them. Ran their mouths the whole game until they blocked that kick. They were out like a fat kid in dodge ball the second that ball was blocked.

BBJ, I will e-mail you later this evening to explain what I and others, who sat behind me, saw during the first half of the game. Suffice it to say that it was bad enough that we left at half time and have never been back.

Last edited:
First MTSU game I ever went to and the only one I got to go to while I wad going to school was the 05 Vandy game. I walked right through those idiots and ended up sitting near them. Ran their mouths the whole game until they blocked that kick. They were out like a fat kid in dodge ball the second that ball was blocked.
hahah I bet that shut them up real quick. BLOCKEDD!!!

Everyone who has ever sat near a football game student section:

ive-seen-some-shit2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT