ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL BB scheduling question

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Seems like everywhere I have gone recently the talk (in person, on sports talk radio, and local TV news casts) has been all about the weekend BB series in Knoxville between the two in-state $EC schools. Even UT-K fans who have never cared about BB want to talk about it since they are nationally ranked and expected to host a regional, if not a super regional (I had one UT-K fan who bent my ear for 10 min. even though I repeatedly told him I don't keep up with college BB - well, I do keep up with MT in all sports if not closely).

Last night I heard on a local TV newscast that VU is hosting AP for a mid-week game on Wed. Got me to wondering when we are to play our normal (IIRC) mid-week games with VU and UT-K since those game are the only games in which the mid-state (Nashville) media even acknowledges MT has a BB team.

Checking the schedule we do not have any mid-week games during conference season this year. What gives???

Seems like everywhere I have gone recently the talk (in person, on sports talk radio, and local TV news casts) has been all about the weekend BB series in Knoxville between the two in-state $EC schools. Even UT-K fans who have never cared about BB want to talk about it since they are nationally ranked and expected to host a regional, if not a super regional (I had one UT-K fan who bent my ear for 10 min. even though I repeatedly told him I don't keep up with college BB - well, I do keep up with MT in all sports if not closely).

Last night I heard on a local TV newscast that VU is hosting AP for a mid-week game on Wed. Got me to wondering when we are to play our normal (IIRC) mid-week games with VU and UT-K since those game are the only games in which the mid-state (Nashville) media even acknowledges MT has a BB team.

Checking the schedule we do not have any mid-week games during conference season this year. What gives???
Not sure, but since MT is playing 4 weekend conference games, a midweek game would hurt MT in conference games

You are probably right; I checked a few conference members schedules and most didn't have mid-week games either.
But, I see UAB has mid-week games against their two in-state $EC foes in addition to Troy. Another game with Miss. St. Guess they place more emphasis on playing in-state games and in playing "up".

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT