ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Pre-season OOC Schedule

RaiderDawg78

All American
Sep 7, 2005
For a change of pass from injury news and as a time kill.....

Our OOC schedule is falling into an average patten of playing 2 - P5 schools, 1 non-P5, and a FCS schools a year.

Massaro asks you to pick a P5 and a non-P5 school to play.

Who would you like to see on the schedule?

My picks:

P5: 1. Auburn (only SEC school we have never played)
2. Notre Dame (not a true P5, but I would love to see us go against the Golden Domers)
3. Iowa State (I love the feel of a land grant school, especially one we could beat)

non-P5: 1. App State (I love Boone, so a home/home with them would be alright by me)
2. Georgia Southern (We owe them for some playoff loses)
3. East Carolina (personal reasons, but I think it would be a good home & home for us)
4. Tulane (any excuse for a weekend in New Orleans sounds good to me)

P5- I would love to play a PAC- 12 school one time maybe Oregon or Stanford
Non P5- I wish we could have continued playing Memphis
FCS- For attendance purposes only I would want TSU back on the schedule. UTC would also be a good FCS school to play

Of the P5 schools, I'd want teams that we have a reasonable chance of winning and also a reasonable drive. Missouri this year fits that. Indiana and Purdue would be two more.
I agree about App St as a non P5, also I wouldn't mind Cincinnati or, as a recruiting tool, play at Hawaii (not a reasonable drive though.)

P5 : Wake Forest / Purdue
G5 : Texas State / Georgia State (both for recruiting reasons). MT recruited Georgia heavily for as long as I can remember but has done very little recruiting in Texas
FCS : Tennessee State (attendance and local media attention), UTM, Austin Peay

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT