ADVERTISEMENT

Other games of interest...

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2006
La Tech 28
Rice 7
Halftime

I don't feel as bad about the loss as I did because LaTech is very good but we could have played better. We are more on a Rice level than a WKU, LaTech and Marshall level right now. It stings but we can still turn a frown upside down. Sorry I've been as negative as I have lately. Just went into meltdown mode. :)

I can't believe that UCONN is beating ECU the way they are...
UCONN 24
ECU 6
14 minutes left in the 4th. Wow.

Tomorrow, we have...

WKU
ODU

Marshall
Charlotte

Southern Miss
UTEP

FIU
FAU

UTSA
UNT

All of those are pretty easy to predict. Let's hope for some upsets. :)

Wow. UCONN just scored again. 4 minutes left. Shane Carden ain't walking back through that door. UCONN is playing them better than Florida and BYU did. Wow.

UCONN 31
ECU 13

LaTech is on cruise control. 35-7 over Rice-a-roni with 8:00 to go in the 3rd.

Rice gets a FG. LaTech 35, Rice 10

UCONN is on fire. Just got a huge pick to pretty much put the nail in the coffin. UCONN needs to be our role model. They were 3-5 facing a huge game with a good team they were underdogs against and they spark the dragon and beat the crap out of them.

I hope we can do the same next week.

Wow. that does seem low. Go 49ers!

Almost in the 4th with the LaTech/Rice game. Same score.

ODU hosting wku on FSSE (26/1676 Comcast)

ODU leads wku 3-0 after nearly 6 minutes gone in 1st qtr. IIRC, at this point in the game MT trailed wku by 21

They just got roughed up by the FIU team we beat. They had to come from behind to beat Charlotte. I would have gladly played them and skipped la tech or Marshall.

I still don't understand how we hung 73 on Charlotte when Marshall and these other teams haven't come nowhere close to that and yet we can't close out games like those other teams.

This year has been such a strange one.

FIU pretty much screwed themselves out of a bowl game. They have Charlotte, Marshall and WKU left on the schedule. They are 4-5 now and will need an upset over Marshall or WKU to get the bowl bid. I don't see it happening now.

FAU took a page out of our playbook and just ran on them. We haven't won on the road in like a year. I hope we can go there and get the W. FAU will be tough no matter what their record is.

Marshall didn't take their foot off the pedal vs. Charlotte, they just didn't produce points. 3 points in the second half? We put over twice as many points on Charlotte and had 42 in the 1st quarter. SMH By that stat alone, we should buzzsaw Marshall but since we are injured and such, we definitely won't. I see it being a close game and out of the three top squads in CUSA, I see Marshall being the most beatable. We shall see. I will be there of course. If we win it, I'll be a lot happier. :)

UNT wins one for the Gipper. How bad is UTSA?

USM gets it done and is bowling. I'm really happy for them. They have been through hell. They deserve this and I'm a big Mullins fan. They won't beat Tech though. A rematch is reserved for the CUSA championship I'm afraid and then I'll be rooting for Tech.

Houston is beating Memphis. I'm calling it right now. When you can put 34-0 on Vandy, you are a very good offense. P5 worthy offense and gets Memphis at their house. Forget about it.

UAB departure left the divisions unbalanced so east teams are filling in for the west.

Houston is beating Memphis. I'm calling it right now. When you can put 34-0 on Vandy, you are a very good offense. P5 worthy offense and gets Memphis at their house. Forget about it.

I think you're wrong. The Tiger secondary has all the starters back from early season injuries and it showed last night. I was there. No shots, and after 14:08 of the 2nd Qtr, Tulane never scored again. Complete domination and 41 unanswered points. I was also there last year for the last time the Tigers have lost. They haven't forgotten what Greg Ward did to them but, this morning, they are completely focused on Keenan Reynolds and Navy. I also remember what Reynolds did the last time I travelled to watch him play in Ft. Worth.

Looks like ODU has a shot being bowl eligible. However, I don't see CUSA filling 8 slots for all of the bowls we have this year. 7 at most. 5-6 likely. If we don't win on Sat, I don't see us winning 3 straight. Go 6-6 and we are bowling this year. No doubt. I don't want that but the field is weak and we have 80 slots.

Dude, why are you here? Seriously. It's a message board for MT. We talk crap about other schools, especially the ones we don't like. It's what we do.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
For one, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out between Memphis, Houston, and Temple. I'll give props to the AA this year (and also to those three teams). Clearly the best G5 conference this year [although I do wish C-USA's top teams had some games with top AA teams - to prove superiority (and by how much) on the field].

One of those three is clearly in the running for a New Year's Day bowl (SB Nation has Houston) but among the three AA teams only Memphis has a slim (very, very, very slim according to pundits I have heard/read) chance at the Four team playoff because of their victory over Ole Miss. Should Memphis remain undefeated with a win over Houston and two wins over Temple it will become very intriguing. Had Temple won against The Irish Sat. night they could have been in the running. It's going to be interesting to see where the committee places Memphis when the first Playoff Rankings come out tomorrow.

Last edited:
FIU pretty much screwed themselves out of a bowl game. They have Charlotte, Marshall and WKU left on the schedule. They are 4-5 now and will need an upset over Marshall or WKU to get the bowl bid. I don't see it happening now.

FAU took a page out of our playbook and just ran on them. We haven't won on the road in like a year. I hope we can go there and get the W. FAU will be tough no matter what their record is.

Marshall didn't take their foot off the pedal vs. Charlotte, they just didn't produce points. 3 points in the second half? We put over twice as many points on Charlotte and had 42 in the 1st quarter. SMH By that stat alone, we should buzzsaw Marshall but since we are injured and such, we definitely won't. I see it being a close game and out of the three top squads in CUSA, I see Marshall being the most beatable. We shall see. I will be there of course. If we win it, I'll be a lot happier. :)

UNT wins one for the Gipper. How bad is UTSA?

USM gets it done and is bowling. I'm really happy for them. They have been through hell. They deserve this and I'm a big Mullins fan. They won't beat Tech though. A rematch is reserved for the CUSA championship I'm afraid and then I'll be rooting for Tech.

Beating a crappy Vandy vs an Ole Miss ranked top 20 equal Houston dominating Memphis? Ok

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT