ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Titans fans on the roundup....

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
Who should we snag at 7 Thursday? I'll go Alt or Marvin Harrison Jr. if he's somehow there. Maybe Brock Bowers??

Who should we snag at 7 Thursday? I'll go Alt or Marvin Harrison Jr. if he's somehow there. Maybe Brock Bowers??
If MHJ is there at 7, you thank the football gods and turn that pick in immediately. Short of that, Alt should be the pick. Love Bowers but not sure I see Callahan using alot of 2 TE sets

Reactions: blue rai
Run away from Bowers. The bust rate on TE in Rd 1 is HIGH. Plus, I think you can find value at TE position in later rounds. IOW, the difference between Bowers & a mid-round TE is not as great as the difference between a MHJ / Nabers and a 4th round WR.

JMHO.

If you don't trade down, Nabers, MHJ, and Alt are the most likely at 7.
But, if MHJ, Nabers, and Alt are off the board (it's possible), then you pray that someone is desperate enough to trade up for a QB.

Run away from Bowers. The bust rate on TE in Rd 1 is HIGH. Plus, I think you can find value at TE position in later rounds. IOW, the difference between Bowers & a mid-round TE is not as great as the difference between a MHJ / Nabers and a 4th round WR.

JMHO.

If you don't trade down, Nabers, MHJ, and Alt are the most likely at 7.
But, if MHJ, Nabers, and Alt are off the board (it's possible), then you pray that someone is desperate enough to trade up for a QB.
Chargers may pick Alt

Reactions: AustinLewis
Chargers may pick Alt
Agree.

If top 3 go QB,

AZ trades out for a QB seeking team or goes Nabers / MHJ
Chargers go Alt
NYG goes WR (MHJ or Nabers)

Titans are left hoping some QB desperate team will overpay to ensure they get McCarthy, Penix, Nix, etc OR they go Odunze.

Who do you guys think will be a bust? I think Caleb Williams will be a massive bust

100%

Insane physical talent but I've never liked his decision making skills. In college, you can get away with it because everything is simplified.

He will be punished heavily in the pro's.

Agree.

If top 3 go QB,

Chargers go Alt

Titans are left hoping some QB desperate team will overpay to ensure they get McCarthy, Penix, Nix, etc OR they go Odunze.

I don't follow the Titans much. Are they sold on Will Levis being their guy ?

Reactions: Kyle_Endsley
I am just about 100 percent sold on taking Alt at 7 if he is there. However, I think there is a realistic possibility that he is not there. Him being there, IMO, is going to depend on how many QB's are taken with picks 1-6. If 4 QB's are taken, then we will most likely land Alt.

Now... if we don't land him, the order I would go is
1) MHJ (extremely unlikely he's there)
2) Malik Nabers
3) Trade back draft Olu Fashanu
4) Rome Odunze
5) Trade back draft JC Latham
6) Trade back draft Bowers

It is not that I don't like bowers, it's that I would not like taking him 1) at 7, 2) above a more premium position. At 7, you are looking for blue chip players, and if none are there, you gotta trade back. Also pair that with the argument that TE is just not as premium as OT and WR. For example, top OT salaries are averaging low to mid 20 millions a year, WR now approaching 30 a year. TE... HIGHEST is 17million, and then average in the 12-14 million for highest 5 paid. You don't save money on a premium position, and it's just not as important as other positions

I don't follow the Titans much. Are they sold on Will Levis being their guy ?
Maybe not 100 percent, but theyre sold enough to throw all the chips in this free agency. They clearly believe that he is capable of taking this team to the next level, however. This year will tell us everything that we need to know

Agree.

If top 3 go QB,

Chargers go Alt

I think Penix will be solid. I think his game translates more than Jayden Daniels

Reactions: ewglenn
If Isaiah Wilson wasn’t a complete bust, the Titans would be in a position to get a top receiver. They haven’t recovered and the offensive line has been atrocious for a few years. They have to fix it. I think they will choose Alt. If he’s gone, listen to trade offers

1]marvin Harrison,2]loe Alt,3] Dallas Turner. One of the 3 will certainly be there. If your guy is not there at 7 then trade back for a 3rd round pick.

I like MHJ but I don’t think he is going to live up to the hype. People are making him out like he is a first ballot hall of famer. I don’t have that same faith even though I think he will be a good pro. Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. I like Alt at 7. If he isn’t there I’d try to trade back. This is a deep WR class and OT class. There’s no need to reach if the value isn’t there.

I like MHJ but I don’t think he is going to live up to the hype. People are making him out like he is a first ballot hall of famer. I don’t have that same faith even though I think he will be a good pro. Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. I like Alt at 7. If he isn’t there I’d try to trade back. This is a deep WR class and OT class. There’s no need to reach if the value isn’t there.
I’m actually leaning Nabers of MHJ, not saying MHJ will be a bust…

But there is so much to like about Nabers game.

Reactions: ewglenn
If Isaiah Wilson wasn’t a complete bust, the Titans would be in a position to get a top receiver. They haven’t recovered and the offensive line has been atrocious for a few years. They have to fix it. I think they will choose Alt. If he’s gone, listen to trade offers
Not just Isaiah WIlson, but Dillion Radunz. The last two OL drafted in the top 2 rounds are MIA. Wilson is out of the league (only lasted 1-2 years in the league) & Radunz wasn’t a consistent starter by year 2 (and still may not start this year). Two guys that should be the bedrock of the OL aren’t.

That’s gonna impact the team for years to come.

Same for the CB position. Caleb Farley’s inability to stay healthy and produce & Fulton’s struggle to develop into a #2 CB forced them to sign 2 CBs in FA

I like Bowers. He's not a traditional in-line TE. Put him in the slot or in motion and watch him run by a linebacker or out-muscle a DB. The entire SEC knew he was the focal point at UGA and no one could stop him. I don't think the Titans should take a TE, I just don't get the hate for Bowers (elsewhere as well - i'm a Jets fan and they're going to riot if they take him at 10). I get the positional value per dollar argument, but who gives a crap if you get Kelce/Kittle/LaPorta production.

Titans need to grab Alt or trade back to grab a tackle. That's a giant glaring hole, and if you can't protect Levis, you'll never figure out if he's the man or not. Plus, they already have a solid WR corps - Hopkins, Ridley, Burks, plus. A tackle is plug and play. A WR is probably a backup for a year or so. Can't spend #7 on a backup.

I don't like Williams at all at #1. There's something off with him. Kinda reminds me of Kyler Murray. They shine in college because they have elite talent, but you need more than that in the NFL. I'm not sure he has the grit and maturity to lead an NFL team.

I like Bowers. He's not a traditional in-line TE. Put him in the slot or in motion and watch him run by a linebacker or out-muscle a DB. The entire SEC knew he was the focal point at UGA and no one could stop him. I don't think the Titans should take a TE, I just don't get the hate for Bowers (elsewhere as well - i'm a Jets fan and they're going to riot if they take him at 10). I get the positional value per dollar argument, but who gives a crap if you get Kelce/Kittle/LaPorta production.

Titans need to grab Alt or trade back to grab a tackle. That's a giant glaring hole, and if you can't protect Levis, you'll never figure out if he's the man or not. Plus, they already have a solid WR corps - Hopkins, Ridley, Burks, plus. A tackle is plug and play. A WR is probably a backup for a year or so. Can't spend #7 on a backup.

I don't like Williams at all at #1. There's something off with him. Kinda reminds me of Kyler Murray. They shine in college because they have elite talent, but you need more than that in the NFL. I'm not sure he has the grit and maturity to lead an NFL team.
I'm not against Alt, but I think the drop off between Alt & Paul (2nd round OT) is not as steep as the drop off between Nabers & Wilson / Pearsall (2nd round WR).

Plus, if you need a "stopgap", you can get Peat / Becton post-draft to hold down the fort while the 2nd round OT is developing. NPF / Radunz / Brunskill will compete for RT / RG.

JC has some things to clean up and could stand to lose a little weight but I like the pick. Gets to move back to his natural position at LT which I think suits him better. Also gets to tap into his potential under Bill Callahan who developed a similar player in Tyron Smith moving from right to left tackle at Dallas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT