ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL "Operation Full House 2"

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
Grassroots drive underway to sell out the arena for the last three games. Apparently it's having an impact - Erik Bacharach is planning 'something big' in terms of media coverage for this, and (this is the big part) they are now selling bleacher GA seating online at GBR.com ticket website for the UAB game! I can't even remember the last time they did that for a game. Maybe the WKU game a few years back when we had 10k+ in the stands? We may surpass that on Saturday!

If y'all don't have tickets yet... don't wait because the chairbacks are supposedly almost gone: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/mtsu/EN/buy/details/ENMB0224

I take pride that I was at the game v WKU for operation full house. 11,807 included myself, some buddies, and my future wife. I would be happy to be a part of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th largest crowd in history there if things go the way the “should”. We just gotta win like we have proven we can.

I can’t believe it’s been 14 years since the first one.

It would be great to get 10,000 plus butts-N-seats for these 3 games. It would be amazing if we got 11,500 once. Honestly, deserve that.

High hopes for at least 10,000 this Saturday. I feel like we could and should have that many.

Hilarious If someone could a lo-fi video montage with the basketball team that is like the opening of full house.

How much does the missing set of bleachers (fell since the "Operation Full House") cut the capacity of The Murph?

Most publications still list Murphy Center at 11,520 capacity. On a game day sheet a few years ago, after bleacher collapsed and before they were painted, saw 11,380 as the stated capacity. If that is correct, then it’s just 140 seats (think that one was a shorter set). Also, that also may not account for any seating configuration changes made at court side or ADA compliance adjustments made about the time of our last renovation.

Hopefully that number will jump quite a bit after Saturday's game. Depends on how many students show up, but it looks like the marketing folks have been hitting campus hard to get students to the game.

Don't know why the marketing department needs to be in be top 25 to market the product but oh well.

This is a moment to build new fans.

With 3 games of about 7716 average we will end of leading the league in attendance with a 6300 average.

This is so cheesy... shouldn't it be full house 3???

Most will remember that full house 2 was a piggyback campaign to sell-out Floyd stadium

Chairback seats are now sold out. Only bleacher General Admission seats are left. I would recommend buying tickets now to avoid long lines on game day. And don’t forget to arrive early to get a good seat. Great news that the lower bowl is sold out!

A mark of progress, I guess, is this season, when we arrive for our seats up to an half hour before tip off, about half the games I have had to ask people to move out of our seats.

So, will the 50% of the lower bowl seats that never seem to be filled have butts in the seats for this game?
I feel like they will be. Fortunately the most interesting conference games are UAB, WKU, and Marshall so I think that folks will be in attendance for these last three.

Thursday will be a school/work night so I don't expect attendance to be as large as it was yesterday

Thursday will be a school/work night so I don't expect attendance to be as large as it was yesterday

It's a freakin 7 o clock game. Will be done by no later than 10. Considering the stakes & ramifications this game carries, does that seriously keep fans at home? If so, we will never grow into an elite program.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT