ADVERTISEMENT

open air box

TeKEraider

All Conference
Dec 29, 2006
Anybody here have one? Did you go to the meeting? What are your thoughts on the changes? I am excited about the upgrades but I have a little bit of sticker shock about the price increase.

Originally posted by TeKEraider:
Anybody here have one? Did you go to the meeting? What are your thoughts on the changes? I am excited about the upgrades but I have a little bit of sticker shock about the price increase.
Don't have one. What are the improvements?

Replacing the wooden riser and folding chairs with concrete riser and stadium seating. A sponsor is providing 42 in flat screens for all boxes which removes the hassle of setting up a tv every game. Supposedly lowering dining pricing. Possibly coming up with some type of awning system to block the wind. Downside is a 50% price increase phased in over 3 years. I was expecting a price increase, we haven't had one in a while, but more along the lines of 10%. This is a tough one to pass on to Mrs. Teke.

I assume there is a healthy waiting list for those things or they wouldn't raising the price that steep. Sort of like Willie Sutton and banks.

In my case it was already a splurge that probably isnt the wisest thing for me to be doing. I will just have to see how it goes. I imagine the waiting list will churn a bit over this.

Originally posted by TeKEraider:
In my case it was already a splurge that probably isnt the wisest thing for me to be doing. I will just have to see how it goes. I imagine the waiting list will churn a bit over this.
Yep, everytime I buy season tickets, in football, mbb, wbb, baseball, it means I am making a choice, and it is not always an easy choice. I'm getting close to the days when I will likely be on a fixed income, and as everything increases in price, not just MT athletics, those choices will likely be even harder.

Sometimes I wonder when I look around at empty seats around me, if MT and others as well, are pricing people out of attending events.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT