ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Nick King has finally found a home at Middle Tennessee

Yes. He is incredibly enjoyable to watch play for the Blue Raiders. They guy can score from anywhere. He somehow consistently throws the ball in the hoop even while in the teeth of a couple of defenders.

I get the sense that his teammates enjoy watching him also. On the road at FGCU, the other Blue Raiders could be heard over the broadcast. The players were strutting, dancing, jumping, and yelling when King would throw in difficult shots and get the foul. I got the sense that his teammates are impressed with his abilities and really enjoy seeing him play....as a Blue Raider.

While there is no doubt that King deserves all the pub he gets for being an outstanding ball player, it is increasingly clear that Brandon Walters is deserving of recognition for the vast strides he is making. He seems to develop and improve with each passing game. Not only does he do some good scoring, he is increasingly impressive as a monster on the defensive end. His size and abilities are coming together to show Walters as a force in the paint.

Walters is the real deal as well, the last two game against solid competition he has played well, and Gamble has played well behind him. We have all the pieces.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Walters is chiseled this year. Looks like he has gotten rid of some baby fat and put on some real muscle. He seems to be much more athletic this year. Last year sometimes he looked like he was a step behind, but not this year.

Funny how the guards were the talk in the off season as the strength of the team coming back. Now it looks like it's the frontcourt again that is the strength of the team. The guards have been struggling somewhat. They settle in and attack the rack, they'll be in good shape.

Funny how the guards were the talk in the off season as the strength of the team coming back. Now it looks like it's the frontcourt again that is the strength of the team. The guards have been struggling somewhat. They settle in and attack the rack, they'll be in good shape.

Guards are always the determining factor in the biggest of games. I love King and Walters but if we want to make it to a sweet sixteen, our guards will have to be spectacular.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT