Hall of Famer
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
Good win last night to get to 2-1 on the season. Next 4 games :

#13 Miami
UTSA
UAB
WKU

Miami will obviously be difficult. UTSA is well coached. UAB could be a difficult matchup. And WKU has had Stock’s number for the last few years. Difficult stretch that could likely determine MT can get to 6 wins (for bowl) on the season

2-2 would be nice in that stretch, but I think 1-3 is more likely with the win being UAB or WKU.

Either way, that's at worst 3-4 after 7 games. vast improvement from our thoughts after the JMU game.

As unpredictable as this team and Stock are, who know what will happen.

I’m actually shocked we’re 2-1 right now. If we could manage a win one out of those 4 I’d be surprised too. 3-4 through seven would likely result in us having a 7-5ish season. The second half of the schedule sets up nicely.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
What's nice is that these 2 wins have not been close wins. They were decided in the first half for the most part which is different for us.

The next 4 are a guantlet. With the inconsistency and injuries, it's hard to predict anything at this point.

I think we go 1-3 on this one. Over UAB.
The rest … L.
Ok. I could switch out UTSA for UAB but same result.

We are a different animal at home. Our chances will be with UTSA and WKU IMO. But I could easily see us going 0-4 these 4 games. These are very good teams we will be playing, 2 of them on the road. All 4 teams arguably in the top 50 of CFB.

We are about to find out just how good (or bad) we are in the trenches. These 4 teams all have strong linemen on both sides of the ball. Can our big guys hang with them? I’m confident in our DL but still very worried our OL can be abused. Especially when the pressure gets turned up.

We are a different animal at home. Our chances will be with UTSA and WKU IMO. But I could easily see us going 0-4 these 4 games. These are very good teams we will be playing, 2 of them on the road. All 4 teams arguably in the top 50 of CFB.

We are about to find out just how good (or bad) we are in the trenches. These 4 teams all have strong linemen on both sides of the ball. Can our big guys hang with them? I’m confident in our DL but still very worried our OL can be abused. Especially when the pressure gets turned up.
I predict we’ll out of contention again for the CUSA Title after UTSA and UAB. WKU will just be salt added to the wound.

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
You've all seen this movie before. You already know how it ends.

We'll be lucky to stay near UAB, UTSA, and WKU. We'll get the "we competed" line from our zombie head coach.

Then, we'll abuse a few corpses like Charlotte or and an F-vowel-U or two to get to that magical 6-win finish line that Massaro and Co have set as the bar.

Repeat ad nauseum to infinity.

You've all seen this movie before. You already know how it ends.

We'll be lucky to stay near UAB, UTSA, and WKU. We'll get the "we competed" line from our zombie head coach.

Then, we'll abuse a few corpses like Charlotte or and an F-vowel-U or two to get to that magical 6-win finish line that Massaro and Co have set as the bar.

Repeat ad nauseum to infinity.

This is sadly the likely outcome. UAB and UTSA are bonafied Top 50 programs and can play with any team in the country outside maybe the top 15. Miami is what it is. WKU is winnable but they are a very good team that we have traditionally struggled with. Match up wise I think UTSA will take full advantage of our defensive backs. We will not be able to pressure UTSA like we can most teams and their WR's will run free and make big plays. I hope we can keep up. With UAB, they have a championship top 25 type of defense. Really, really good. Could be another JMU type of showing there because we all know how our OL does when pressured, especially on the road.

With a daunting schedule you gotta take it 1 game at a time and just see what happens I guess. We are about to find out if this team has anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
My upcoming college game schedule allows me to attend 9/30 (Fri. night game) UTSA and then 10/15 WKU with no conflicts with my alma mater to the west. I hope the concessions concerns some folks were complaining about in here don’t involve Blue Raider Brats. 🌭
The brats line seemed to flow well.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT