ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL New quadrant system hurts ***-majors' tourney chances

Its true.

Another indicator:

St. Bonnies should have been in the tournament easily but they barely made the last 4 in and have to play a play-in game now.

Go figure. The NCAA committee making it even more difficult for mid-majors to get in? Jeez I wonder why. Surely it's not related to finances and trying to send more units to power conferences........

I'm not so sure it's the quadrant system so much as it is the entire NCAA committee system and specifically their focus on what qualifies as success.

When Oklahoma gets in going 2-8 in the last ten games, it's about reprehensible whatever they are using as criteria.

Reactions: Hop45
It was supposed to help mid majors as road wins count for more now.

Too bad Middle Tenn got screwed and didn't make it Marshall proved how good that C-USA was this year and just knocked off Wichita State.

I am sure everyone would have rather seen MT instead of those crappy Pac 12 schools.

Other than Syracuse (which got a win only because someone had to win), will any Power 5 bubble team get a win?

LOL

Glad C-USA got a win in the tournament even if MT is not there.

In a way, the Marshall performance leaves me even more aggravated with the rigged NCAA system. For the 4th year in a row, C-USA teams have won in the first round despite being seeded way too low vs high caliber opponents. After one or two years, you would the think the selection committee or someone would notice that C-USA is being underrated. Meanwhile, C-USA teams just keep on knocking off the highly ranked teams favored by the rigged NCAA.

While this may sound like this comes from way out of left field, I really do think C-USA has 3 NCAA Tournament caliber teams this year. All 3 of those teams are also teams that are more than capable of winning games in the tournament. Seeing just how successful the top teams in C-USA really are, it makes me sick to see the corrupt leaders that just flat refuses to do the right thing in providing real chances for teams that really deserve to be there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT