ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING MT on the board for 2021

Considering the state of our program, to bring in a player rated that highly is honestly pretty impressive. I do think we'll start to see more players that are "highly" rated sign with schools like us because more scholarships will be used on the transfer portal + the extra covid year has really put a premium on offers to due numbers crunch on scholarships. So it doesn't surprise me we can get a kid rated as highly as he is because we will see the least amount of high school kids ever sign D1 scholarships this year.

Still, his film is impressive and Tulsa is a solid (not great) program that plays in the more prestigious American conference. Can't help but wonder if his tulsa commitment dried up or if he truly flipped to us, but I guess that doesn't matter. We got a good player here which is a start.

Based on film I see some pretty big holes. Not confident putting the ball on the floor with his LH. Good outside shooter, and passer (vs zones). Most of his looks were wide open. The rule is “you are the position you can defend”. For the most part I see him as a shot blocker, but not a perimeter defender. So basically we are looking at a stretch 4 that needs to put on significant lbs. Also, very athletic. Reminds me a lot of Eli Lawrence.

Yea his length is impressive, but he's rail thin. I know the staff likes these guys, but I have such a hard time seeing where you put them on the floor. They're too slow for the perimeter, and too thin to bang down low.

Seems like a project for sure and needs a lot of development, but his size and length is something you can't teach. High ceiling but could be a bust.

Could make contributions junior and senior year. Like many program players needs development at this level gained from practice and court time.

We've had a lot of talent come in. We just don't have a coaching staff at this point that has shown any sign that it can put it together.

Yea his length is impressive, but he's rail thin. I know the staff likes these guys, but I have such a hard time seeing where you put them on the floor. They're too slow for the perimeter, and too thin to bang down low.

Seems like a project for sure and needs a lot of development, but his size and length is something you can't teach. High ceiling but could be a bust.
It took you 56 minutes to change your mind and reverse course on this kid... now that's funny!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT