ADVERTISEMENT

MT athletic department breaks even for third consecutive year

I would modify that slightly to say M'boro and MT students aren't interested in mediocre MT sports. I think the success in basketball, both men and women, has produced some pretty good crowds at The Murph. For most of us extremely dedicated fans, anything short of sellouts is disappointing. When comparing apples to apples type thing, MT basketball had some pretty good turnout.

I, too, used to get concerned about general university funds and student fees type funds balancing out the athletic dept budget. Then the more and more I started to consider the impact and ramifications of Title IX on athletics budgets, I really don't fret or complain about it anymore.

As someone who holds season tickets for every sport that you buy season tickets for at MT, and the fact that students have never had to pay to get into a game of any sort on campus, plus getting a lot of free S*** promotions when they do, I have absolutely NO problem with it. None at all.

I’m just being a realist. You have legislative bodies telling us a law school would wouldn’t be feasible. Sports, in general, is becoming less of the front porch of a university. Athletics is morphing into a political stump...that amount of money is absurd....for any school.

I’m just being a realist. You have legislative bodies telling us a law school would wouldn’t be feasible. Sports, in general, is becoming less of the front porch of a university. Athletics is morphing into a political stump...that amount of money is absurd....for any school.
I’m just being a realist. You have legislative bodies telling us a law school would wouldn’t be feasible. Sports, in general, is becoming less of the front porch of a university. Athletics is morphing into a political stump...that amount of money is absurd....for any school. Probably an unpopular opinion as most of us spend our hard earned money on these teams. But this is something I am pretty adamant about since people whine about Cody of education, loans, etc. it all is connected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT