ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UNC-W, 4PM, Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Here comes the make up call the other way though. Guaranteed. UNCW will be shooting FTs after we shoot ours

3 missed FT in a row…..

what in the world ? Millin is a starter ?

UNCW might be in a little trouble here. No sims.

they are still hitting FTs like the world depends on it though

Man, what a game. Gutsy shot by Sims late to tie the game. Here comes second OT; we need to stop getting them to the FT line

Still does not feel like they have their heads in the game. Hope we hold on and get the win.

Terrible coaching mistake by McDevitt. I saw him tell Lenard to hold him but he didn’t specify WHEN. Lenard is a freshman. You have to be more clear.

What a terrible way to lose a game- y’all think a P5 is gonna take a kid that has 2 skills right now? I love his game but he needs more work..

That's gonna leave a bad taste for a while. Again, just like the CUSA tourney, we had multiple opportunities to seal it and we couldn't.

Hats off to Nick and the team.

What a terrible way to lose a game- y’all think a P5 is gonna take a kid that has 2 skills right now? I love his game but he needs more work..
Are you drunk ? Lenard has unteachable freak ability and is already filling the stat sheet.

this loss is on your boy for telling Lenard to hold him before the inbound and assuming he knows all the rules

The better team won. UNCW shot better from 2, 3, and the FT line.
End of story.

Free throws were the deciding factor in this game. We had opportunities to close the game out, but UNCW toughed it out, especially when their starters fouled out. Tough loss

What a miserable ugly game to watch. Refs blowing the whistle everytime down the court. It really took us out of the game and played to their advantage. They hit their free-throws we didn't. Disappointing way to end a good season to a team we should beat and were better than.

The better team won. UNCW shot better from 2, 3, and the FT line.
End of story.
The better team lost. We had so many opportunities to win it but they just couldn’t do it when it matters. That’s the next big hump for Nick to get over.

The better team lost. We had so many opportunities to win it but they just couldn’t do it when it matters. That’s the next big hump for Nick to get over.

I disagree. UNCW had a better shooting % from 2, 3, and at the FT line. The game is about putting the ball in the hoop and they were better in every phase at doing that.

Are you drunk ? Lenard has unteachable freak ability and is already filling the stat sheet.

this loss is on your boy for telling Lenard to hold him before the inbound and assuming he knows all the rules
This loss is not on one play. That is stupid and you know it. I would say it is more on a 5th year senior missing free throws than a freshman hugging someone at the wrong time. You assume Nick told him to because the announcers said he was probably told to, but you don’t know that.

This loss is not on one play. That is stupid and you know it. I would say it is more on a 5th year senior missing free throws than a freshman hugging someone at the wrong time. You assume Nick told him to because the announcers said he was probably told to, but you don’t know that.

they literally showed Nick on TV telling him to do it…I didn’t even have the sound on so I couldn’t hear anything from the announcers but I could read nicks lips and his body language….he very clearly told
Lenard to hold before the inbound....were you paying attention to the game ?

I disagree. UNCW had a better shooting % from 2, 3, and at the FT line. The game is about putting the ball in the hoop and they were better in every phase at doing that.
What can you possibly disagree with? We did have many opportunities to win it. You are just angry typing now. Knowing our fanbase we will let this game negate winning 26 games and making a postseason tournament championship game for I believe the first time ever. I know it was the CBI, but I say that is pretty impressive considering everything.

Reactions: GMClemson33

Stick to football man.. he can’t guard anyone on the perimeter- he’s out of position because he’s a rim protector so he’s constantly late on rotations.. his jumper is suspect… his handles are maybe average.. he’s a true freshman so yeah he’s raw and a freak athlete but his skill set needs quite a bit of development is what I’m saying.. your MO shows all the time- you’re blinded by the flashy plays.. he’s awesome, I love the kid, but he’s not a polished player from a all around basketball skill set.. the tech is def on the staff too- they told them to hug but it’s a teachable moment for him to know you can’t do that in a dead ball situation

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
What can you possibly disagree with? We did have many opportunities to win it. You are just angry typing now. Knowing our fanbase we will let this game negate winning 26 games and making a postseason tournament championship game for I believe the first time ever. I know it was the CBI, but I say that is pretty impressive considering everything.

Read what I quoted and you will have your answer. You need to learn to pay attention.

they literally showed Nick on TV telling him to do it…I didn’t even have the sound on so I couldn’t hear anything from the announcers but I could read nicks lips and his body language….he very clearly told
Him to hold before the inbound....were you paying attention to the game ?
I was. Guess I am not a professional lip reader. Either way that is not why we lost and you know it. Everyone wants to blame Nick for everything, but he got to 26 wins way before Kermit ever did. He also got further in a postseason tournament than Kermit ever has.

Lenard to hold before the inbound....were you paying attention to the game ?
CNM motioned them to hug the 50% FT kid for sure but I would imagine it was IF the FT was missed considering Millin wasn’t exactly $$$ from the line

Stick to football man.. he can’t guard anyone on the perimeter- he’s out of position because he’s a rim protector so he’s constantly late on rotations.. his jumper is suspect… his handles are maybe average.. he’s a true freshman so yeah he’s raw and a freak athlete but his skill set needs quite a bit of development is what I’m saying.. your MO shows all the time- you’re blinded by the flashy plays.. he’s awesome, I love the kid, but he’s not a polished player from a all around basketball skill set.. the tech is def on the staff too- they told them to hug but it’s a teachable moment for him to know you can’t do that in a dead ball situation

okay. We will revisit this thread at the end of the summer and see if his flaws are as big of an issue as you say they are

my money says he is on a power 5 roster for the 2022-2023 season.

Read what I quoted and you will have your answer. You need to learn to pay attention.
I did misread it, but you are just angry typing now and it shows. How about you have a respectful conversation for once instead of just insulting people you disagree with. It is kind of hard to see every single detail of a game with a toddler and 5 year old jumping on you, but you are right I should have still been able to read Nick’s lips.

CNM motioned them to hug the 50% FT kid for sure but I would imagine it was IF the FT was missed considering Millin wasn’t exactly $$$ from the line
And what you imagined wasn’t explained. Lenard is a freshman and still learning the college game. You have to give better detail in a situation like that. And you are right it is a teachable moment. It’s a teachable moment for Nick.

Reactions: ewglenn
okay. We will revisit this thread at the end of the summer and see if his flaws are as big of an issue as you say they are

my money says he is on a power 5 roster for the 2022-2023 season.
You’re the same guy that said CNM couldn’t recruit quality kids with all the losses the last few years too.. your insight sucks- stick to football

A lot of you are right. It was a good season. Hell of a turnaround and they should be applauded for that, loss or not.

That being said

I am absolutely one of those people that gets pissed and hopes the opposing team gets food poisoning from the celebration meal. It's just who I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT