ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UNC-W, 4PM, Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Seahawks start 5 guards and don't rely heavily on 3's- they have been shooting 40% from deep during this tourney.. will be key to stay in position and not allow a bunch of drives/penetration that leads to fouls/free throws.. MT fouls a bunch and UNCW likes to draw fouls and shoot FT's.. that will certainly be one key to this game.. Drake lead most of their game by double digits and was up 19 points with just over 10 minutes to play and UNCW pulled it out so the Seahawks won't give up.. will have to put 2 good halves together and take care of the ball.. should be a priority to get Dish the ball early and often in iso/post play and make the Seahawks adjust..

Seahawks start 5 guards and don't rely heavily on 3's- they have been shooting 40% from deep during this tourney.. will be key to stay in position and not allow a bunch of drives/penetration that leads to fouls/free throws.. MT fouls a bunch and UNCW likes to draw fouls and shoot FT's.. that will certainly be one key to this game.. Drake lead most of their game by double digits and was up 19 points with just over 10 minutes to play and UNCW pulled it out so the Seahawks won't give up.. will have to put 2 good halves together and take care of the ball.. should be a priority to get Dish the ball early and often in iso/post play and make the Seahawks adjust..
Should be a cakewalk. Everyone knows all these UNC Directional and Satellite schools are weak. 😂😂

Should be a cakewalk. Everyone knows all these UNC Directional and Satellite schools are weak. 😂😂
Man don't go getting all confident yet.. this MTSU team plays better when y'all doubt them!

When I saw MTSU had accepted the CBI invite- the first thing I text CNM was if he thought they'd match MTSU and UNC Asheville up together in the first round- tourney organizers love the irony in matchups like that.. I was happy to hear from him that it wouldn't happen until later rounds, if at all..

I've been so impressed with Elias King the last few weeks. It finally looks like it is starting to click with him. If he can continue to improve through the off-season, I think he could be a really good player for us.

I've been so impressed with Elias King the last few weeks. It finally looks like it is starting to click with him. If he can continue to improve through the off-season, I think he could be a really good player for us.

Reminds me of Randy Henry who was almost a zero his first year before breaking out his sophmore season.

I looked for the CBI payout but couldn't find it… does anyone know?

If nothing else, this much extra playing time will pay dividends. Fans should also respond well to next season with this much success.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Did you all catch Joe Lunardi state that Middle Tennessee is in early 2023 NCAA brackets at tipoff?

I think anything this far ahead is just conversation fodder but nice to be noticed.

Reactions: subkyle
Did you all catch Joe Lunardi state that Middle Tennessee is in early 2023 NCAA brackets at tipoff?

I think anything this far ahead is just conversation fodder but nice to be noticed.
JMO, but I think he has been fairly complimentary of MT the first 1.5 games. He certainly was aware of some of our past success as well. As the self-described “bracketologist”, he sure should have!

yeah. And it’s a good assessment if Nick can hold this team together.

Reactions: MTOleBlue

Yes. He just mentioned he has us as a #10 seed and CUSA auto qualifier.

Lenard over 50 dunks on the season. Maybe it is just me but they look tired with the sloppy play.

You don't want to keep this school in the game.

They are playing with fire. This is a very capable UNCW team that already eliminated the 1 seed in the tournament.

we already let UAB off the hook when we had them dead to rights up 6 with possession and game almost over. We somehow let them back in and lost. It was tragic.

it would be a real tragedy if they let this one get away on sloppy turnovers too

Yikes - Raiders get turnover and ref says Lawrence was out of bounds when throwing to Sims. Just went back and looked, HE WAS NOT. Horrible mistake

Yikes - Raiders get turnover and ref says Lawrence was out of bounds when throwing to Sims. Just went back and looked, HE WAS NOT. Horrible mistake

yup. Saw that. These refs appear crooked. Lenard went straight up there too and didn’t swing his arms down, yet foul is called. I would love an explanation on that.

Amazing how they get away with such inconsistencies.

If it gets to the end of OT and we need FTs to win I wouldn’t go to Sims. He has proven he can’t do it.

We lose. We look timid and lost on offense. What a shame

This game is over sadly it feels like. Totally fell apart in 2nd half. Sims nearly had 10 second violations MULTIPLE times in the second half

UNCW deserves this win honestly. They are the better team. Do you see them missing any free throws ?

We just can’t stop fouling them and they have made 100 free throws in a row. I just don’t see how we can win with that happening.

And that’s game. UNCW isn’t going to miss their FT and let us back in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT