ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee vs Memphis (2nd matchup), 4PM, Monday, November 20, 2023

Season 4 Idk GIF by The Office

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Insell’s post game comments concern me quite a lot from yesterday’s game… he attributed it to “we got tired” not “they adjusted and we didn’t”

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Lol having flashbacks to Abbey Sissom getting blocked big-time with Wheeler's drives against these tall forwards during this tournament... gotta make better decisions when you're driving at shot blockers. Not the worst first quarter but not the best.

And Gregory taking hints from Wheeler going against Memphis' 6'4" shot blocker too. Baffling lol

Memphis played 6 off the bench, all but one playing more than a minute. MT played 3 off bench, only one playing more than a minute,

Three for memphis off bench contribute total of 15, MT bench zero points.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Memphis played 6 off the bench, all but one playing more than a minute. MT played 3 off bench, only one playing more than a minute,

Three for memphis off bench contribute total of 15, MT bench zero points.
Yeah, that's where we really run into trouble. And it's not a talent issue...

Yet another Wheeler drive into their 6'4" shot blocker resulting in, shockingly, a blocked shot. Wheeler and Gregory combining for 0-9 shooting at this point. Really need some better guard play. Boldyreva has a double-double already and 3 blocks!

Very obvious that the starters are exhausted. This is what happens when YOU NEVER PLAY YOUR DAMN BENCH. More stupidity by these coaches, sorry to say it like that.

Reactions: tyler90wm
Over the last couple of years I've said my peace about the coaching situation. Not much we can do. This is definitely not identical to our football situation, but there are some similarities when it comes to a frustrated fan base. Especially since some of the answers to improving our teams situations seem so apparent. Of course I know it's always easier said than done being a coach from the couch.

It's not like we're not good. We are. It's just so frustrating to see how close we are to being VERY GOOD with some flexibility by the coach. It is what it is.

We're playing great in this 4Q thanks to Boldyreva (as per usual this year). Hope we can hold on to win.

Reactions: MTFAN61
And as soon as I say that Memphis starts pressing and Wheeler throws it directly to Memphis who hits a 3, then we have a shot clock violation. Unacceptable. Just unacceptable.

Boldyreva is close to a triple double... 22 pts, 11 rebs, 6 blks with 4:14 to go.

This 4Q has been the complete opposite of the Michigan game and DePaul 4Q. This was a really hard fought game and win. Gotta give the ladies credit for pulling this one out with how exhausted they are and 3 games in 3 days. Hard to beat a team like Memphis twice to start the year but we did it. Still not pleased with the refusal to play bench

Agree 100% about the lack of bench play. All that said, tough to beat a good team twice. AB is rocking while the outside shooting (18% 3pt today) is rolling in the gutter. Gregory is gonna come out of this slump. If we can get her going that's only gonna make AB better.

At least CRI said post game that additional help has to be found to assist Wheeler in the back court. Agreed! Speaking of backcourt, only 1 basket from them. All other baskets from front court players. Wow.
On a good note, Memphis is going to win some games this year. They're a rough & tumble bunch with fight, the Lady Vols will vouch for that. And I like the fight we showed in this game despite lack of bench help. Whitson talked about learning to show more grit & fight post game. Also the team is waking up to the fact Boldyreva is our go to player, & getting the balk to her more & more.
Though none of these 3 games were pretty, we did win 2 of the 3. I think getting punched around & showing the grit to fight thru a tough tournament will pay off in the long run, especially when March rolls around.

Scott really had a great trip. She has really come a long way already this season! Very impressed by her. Gonna need her contributions.

Reactions: Hop45
Scott really had a great trip. She has really come a long way already this season! Very impressed by her. Gonna need her contributions.
Really wish Jada had not suffered an injury. I think her, Scott, & Boldyreva could have been an incredible 1,2,3 punch. Even without her still pretty good. No doubt Scott will continue to develop throughout the year.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT