ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (13-4, 3-0) vs NMSU (7-9, 1-2), 2PM, Saturday, January 20, 2024

This is a good time to get this train going at a constant speed. The Aggies have nothing to lose and are playing with house money after beating WKU on the first leg of this road trip. Any conference mate that makes this swing would likely be happy with a split, estatic with a sweep and not surprised to go 0-2. They have nothing to lose tomorrow and we'll get their best shot.

Meanwhile, we've seen the good and bad in our team - often in the same game. Starting to play games consistently should help after a long layoff. Would be nice to see some steady numbers each night. We certainly can't look too far ahead but FIU lurks in the near future. Would be nice to head south, with a stop at Jax State on the way, clicking on multiple cylinders.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
To expand on what CRI said post game, he placed a certain amount of blame on Boldyreva for her lack of consistency after last night's closer than expected finish. He's right she had a poor game, but truth be told she's not the only one with consistency issues.
From game to game there's been minimum consistency with our outside shooting from our guards. Many times we do seem to play better the second game of a 2 game weekly schedule. If we have more than 4 or 5 days off it seems we can be a little rusty or flat on game 1, but after getting some game time in we play much more fluid game 2. I'm glad the long dry Dec-Jan stretch is over. It was somewhat poor scheduling, & hampered the team's play.
After getting Thursday night's game out of their system I anticipate a good Saturday showing.
My concern is for next week we play poorly game 1 against Jax State, & then set ourselves up for a dogfight against a solid team at FIU. But I agree, now that we're onto the 2nd half of the schedule it's time for this team to overcome its inconsistent patterns & start hitting on all cylinders.

85-48. Very impressive effort on offense & defense. 4 of last 6 games Lady Raiders have broke the 80 point barrier. Placing a strong emphasis on the inside/outside game is really taking shape now.
Last year's team played tough D year round, but suffered with consistency on offense. This year the O is coming around while still playing great on defense. If they can keep it up this team has a good chance of being a more complete team than last year's 28 win squad.

Noticed coach is letting the 2 bigs play together more & more. Love it! No team in CUSA can match their size, & athleticism.
That right there is a recipe for big-time success. They make a fantastic combo! Insell always pulls a team together but with the right adjustments here and there, which it seems like he's making so far this year, we could actually go beyond what we've seen in the past and WIN some NCAAT games.

Most unselfish bunch you will ever see play. We have 7 girls who would be stars on any team in our league.it’s amazing to see what can happen when you don’t care who gets the credit.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Saw how emotional Wheeler got in the UTEP post game interview when asked about her becoming a conference record holder here. Really felt for her. I'm seeing an energy to her that's a step up from her previous play. It's as if she's made the decision that nothing's stopping her from making this the special year she wants it to be.
I hope she gets it.

As much as we poke at Insell's NCAAT record, last year was a very unlucky seeding as Colorado -- which returned all 5 starters, I believe -- is now ranked one of the top 10 teams in the country... which they were at the end of last year, too. This year hopefully we can get back there and have a better seeding matchup and win some games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT