BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Maryville, 2PM, Saturday, December 3

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 1,046
Arena: Cooper Athletic Center (2,000)
Conference: Coll. Conf. of the South DIII)
Colors: Orange & Garnet Nickname: Scots
Head Coach: Raul Placeres
Record at School: 39-23 (4th Season) Career Record: 39-23 (4th Season)
2021-22 Record: 20-4, 10-2 2021-22 Finish: T-1st USAS 2021-22 Postseason: USAS Quarterfinals
Starters R/L: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 7/10
Conference: Coll. Conf. of the South DIII)

Teams typically shoot better at home, but it does seem CNM's teams have especially embraced that reality the last couple of years.

I hope to see the PG/Floor General position or role get some focus for development and improvement in this game.

Got to call it like you see it. Would we have beaten this Division III school at their home gym in Maryville? Probably not. Chip, coach, & Kyle tried talking up the victory post game by saying they may be 2-6, but it's been against the best DIII schools out there. Really?? Having trouble buying in to that with tonight's play. We should start to be seeing some signs of improvement by now, but didn't see too much effort until they decided to play with a little at the end. That won't get it done at Belmont or anywhere else, unless we're playing more non-top 25 DIII schools.

They looked totally confused by the zone defense most of the second half. Not sure how that is even possible. Just throw it inside to the paint! They barely did that at all. Crazy

Reactions: MTFAN61
They won by 23… I was expecting it to be way closer than that based off these responses lol.

They new this was gonna be an easy win and played sloppy without giving their best effort. That's to be expected from this group They just aren't a mentally tough team right now. That's why they missed so many free-throws and gave the game away last game. That's why they didn't come in tonight and look much better. It is what it is. They will beat some good teams in conference this season but I don't expect them to be consistent.

Reactions: dukewayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT