ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Army (CBSSN), 12:30PM, Saturday, September 5, 2020

I would be a bad coach in this day because for every turnover, the whole team would be running every step of JRF until they puked repeatedly.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
15th year head coach blown out 42-0 by a G 5 program.

This. I was thinking this all afternoon. We should NEVER, EVER be shutout and blown out by anyone short of a top 5 program much less a marginal independent coming off a losing season (especially a coach deep in his second decade running the program). Why are fans the ones who can see this instead of the people running this institution???

Army is going to walk away from this game thinking they are really good too. We all know are coaching is just that bad. ULM probably beats them next week.

Inexcusable to lose that way. Plain and simple. This was one of the single worst football games I have ever seen.

The sloppiness. The botched end of the 2nd Q. The turnovers. O’Hara smiling after a shutgun fumble. The overall unprofessional look of this team.

Army is not that good of a team. Today, MTSU made them look like a National Championship contender. Sadly, almost every person that was chose to watch football this afternoon, witnessed this MTSU performance.

I didn’t attend MTSU, I went to a Pac-10 school. However, my house is a block from MTSU and I have become an MTSU Athletics fan and season ticket holder. Besides proximity, I have no vested interest in MTSU.

Coach Stockstill needs to publicly address this performance, and apologize to all students and alums. This was a bad, bad loss. In front of a national audience, MTSU was embarrassed today. Inexcusable the way this team lost today.

As far as a bad loss, it is definitely in a top dozen or so, maybe a top twenty of Stockstill's worst losses...just awful.

Im kind of shocked at how unprepared this team looked. I didn't expect us to win but I expected us to look competent. They looked like they could've cared less to be out there.

Can we just go the route of ODU and cancel the season?

I do wonder much prep went into actually defending the triple option versus just going through normal reps. I recall a few years ago before a Georgia Tech game comments from the staff being made about not spending a lot of time preparing for it because it was a one and done thing. And that was during GAME WEEK.

I do wonder much prep went into actually defending the triple option versus just going through normal reps. I recall a few years ago before a Georgia Tech game comments from the staff being made about not spending a lot of time preparing for it because it was a one and done thing. And that was during GAME WEEK.
Looked that way to me. The commentators kept bringing up that the scheme on the offensive and defensive line made no sense. MT never once adjusted when they came out with an unbalanced line.

Might have thrown this one (which I think would be silly) in order to simply get reps for the conference schedule.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Looked that way to me. The commentators kept bringing up that the scheme on the offensive and defensive line made no sense. MT never once adjusted when they came out with an unbalanced line.

Might have thrown this one (which I think would be silly) in order to simply get reps for the conference schedule.

That was the reasoning before. No sense in wasting reps on a one-game scheme when you’ve got a shared conference title to strive for.

Reactions: MTLynn
Haven’t commented on this board in awhile, although I lurk. I watched this game and wasn’t surprised by what happened. Me, a few years ago would have been livid. Today, I just expected this

I can’t help but love MT and our football team. After 16 years I’m not giving up. I wish Stock would retire. It’s time for new blood

Reactions: subkyle and C-Bow
If I was a recruit and watching that game and considering MT, I just scratched MT off my list.

I understand the defense struggling against the option. However, our offense looked much worse than the defense. Stock gonna blame that on the triple option too?

Hopefully they kill the program due to lack of funding, Covid, whatever. Get out from under Stocks contact due to act of god clause. Bring it back in two years under new leadership. Try and start over, no building upon this stale and pathetic state of affairs.

Im kind of shocked at how unprepared this team looked. I didn't expect us to win but I expected us to look competent. They looked like they could've cared less to be out there.

Can we just go the route of ODU and cancel the season?

I mentioned in another post how Army took top ten Michigan and Oklahoma teams into double overtimes (September games). Monken's flexbone option offense is very hard to duplicate in practice - they play VERY low, quick and shifty. Oklahoma coaches were nervous for months about playing the option. Army has been practicing for months knowing they would play games. I wouldn't look at this game too hard. So glad a team like Middle Tennessee was up at Michie when so many teams were sitting out. Corona bump 👊

There may be a silver lining to yesterday’s disaster. It seems since we were one of few games yesterday we received much more of a National spotlight. I’ve seen much more social media posts on Stock’s coaching blunder outside of the usual local area peeps last night alone then all of last season it seems.

I know we can’t afford to get rid of stock due to his contract but At this point I’d be happy with a Grad Assistant over Stock. At least they would bring some energy back into the program. Some of his blunders(just not yesterday) are inexcusable for a coach of his tenure. He has done the worst thing possible to this program....turning the fan base apathetic.

I hope the media and the MT admin make Stock’s job so miserable for him he decides to resign. That or just pull a UAB. He needs to feel the heat. He’s a good man but a horrible person to lead a program now. There is no reason a school such as MT shouldn’t be a top contender for a conference title year in and year out. It’s sad how far this program has fallen in terms of fan base and performance over the last ten years and there is absolutely no signs pointing that Stock is the man to turn it around.

I know chances are slim but hoping all this negative exposure we have gotten recently isn’t for nothing and changes will be made one way or another.... fingers crossed.

IMO this is by far the worst loss in MT football history. Just the pure ineptness across the board.

Army scored 22 points total in two games against Rice and wkcc last year

Reactions: MTLynn
Played two triple option teams when I worked in college football and practiced again triple option in camp (A WR - and former MT recruit - moved to play scout team QB for defense).

Teams that beat triple option teams do so because : 1) they are more talented; 2) they had an extra week to prepare (as MT did when they beat GaTech in 2012).

If - and this is an IF - Stockstill is open (or even infers) that he doesn’t care about OOC, MT will never win a sole conference championship under his leadership. You can’t turn your competitive fire off / on depending on your opponent. I guarantee you that championship coaches - Saban, Swinnet, and even s in conferencedon’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT