ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (9-6, 0-2) vs. Florida Atlantic (8-6, 1-0), 6PM, Thursday, January 13, 2022

MT should be fired up about this game- FAU beat the brakes off of them at the end of the year, so even though it felt like the players kinda tapped out- they should be motivated to return the favor tonight.. I would've left the 80-50 game tape running in the team room on a loop all week if were the coaches.. maybe that's just me..

I didn’t see Turner on bench, so I checked roster online. He is not there either. When did that happen?

Reactions: Raiders_55
Things are looking up after a slow start, I’m watching the ESPN+ feed.
Of note, it’s not hard to tell who is the only person sitting court-side directly across from the FAU bench. The rest of those seats are empty. All the way to the other baseline.😂

20 to 4 run over the final 7+ minutes of the half…

Much better shot selection for the most part so far… 9 assists on 16 made baskets, 4 turnovers and shooting over 43% from deep.. almost all of it spurred by the defense..

Well this one's over. We will be a tough out at home. No doubt about it. Shots fall at a higher % and that allows us to set up our D, which is pretty good. Team is pretty young overall so it's not surprising they are visibly better @ home. Love the defensive effort and performance tonight but maybe a few too many free throws for FAU. Forced 19+ turnovers tonight you will win nearly every time you step on the hardwood with a statistic like that.

This season and this team will be defined by it's road trips and ability to win on the road. This team is going to have to find a way to win outside of the Murphy Center. Conference tournaments and post-season tournaments won't be played in the Murphy Center.

Lot of season left so we'll see.

Last edited:
Good win. This team has its limitations but they play hard and appear to have each other’s backs. Fun team to support. Still plenty of room to improve obviously. Wish we could’ve seen this team with Jefferson and Jordan.

1st conference win and 10th of year. Agree on the road wins. Gotta get those. If we beat FIU Saturday that will tie for most wins under the McD "era".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT