ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(7-3, 6-1) @ (#20/21)Kentucky(7-3, 5-3), 11AM, Saturday, 11/17/18

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, work in progress

maxresdefault.jpg

University of Kentucky
Founded: 1865 Enrollment: 30,720 Undergrad 22,705 Postgrad 7,022
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Blue and White
Fight song:
Series:
UK leads 2-0
Stadium: Kroger Field (formerly Commonwealth Stadium) Capacity: 61,000
Coach: Mike Stoops (Iowa, 1990) Record at UK: 26-36 (6th) Overall: Same
2017 Record:
7–6, 4–4 2017 Bowl: Music City Bowl (loss to N'western 23-24)
Starters Ret./Lost: 18/5 Lettermen R/L: 47/19

Weather Forecast:
Partly cloudy skies. High 52F. Winds light and variable.

Where: Kroger Field (formerly Commonwealth Stadium), 1540 University Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40506

Stadium Policies: Kroger Field Clear Bag Policy

Television: SEC Network Alternate - Dave Lamont (play-by-play), Ray Bentley (analyst), Tera Talmadge (sideline)

Watch online: WatchESPN.com or the WatchESPN app

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius XM 191 and 962 TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers:
Lexington Herald Leader, KyKernel.com, ,

Message Boards: Wildcats Lair/Cats Illustrated, House of Blue/CatsPause.com, WildcatNation, , , , , SEC-Rant-Kentucky Sports,

Blogs: ASeaofBlue.com, bigblueinsider.com, , bigbluebanter.com, 14powers.com/kentucky, , , ,

Athletic site:
ukathletics.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides:
Kentucky, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
UK Game Notes, MT GAME NOTES, C-USA NOTES

Roster: Wildcats, Blue Raiders

Depth Chart:
Wildcats

Game Previews: ,
Looking ahead to MT and UK

Twitter: @UKFootball, @UKCoachStoops, @CoachMHouse, @CoachDeanHood, @CoachMichaelSmi, @CoachWhiteFB, @DLTough, @CoachHinshaw, @vincemarrow, @CoachSchlarman, @CoachGran, @coachclink, , , , , @ukysportsnews,@UKSportsNetwork, @KySportsRadio, @RoushKSR, @johnclayiv, @markcstory, @jenheraldleader, @BenRobertsHL, @bigblueinsider1, , , @ASeaOfBlue, @vaughtsviews, @RowlandRIVALS, @RowlandRIVALS, , @BigBlueBanter, @kentucky14power, , , , @BarstoolUK,

Hashtags:
#BBN, #WeAreUK, #Kentucky, , #GetUp, ,

Facebook:
Kentucky Football,

Youtube: Kentucky Wildcats TV, ,

Instagram:
UKFootball,

Last edited:
http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

Kentucky
Date
Pos Player Injury Status
10/01/18 RB Sihiem King Redshirt is out for season
09/17/18 TE Keaton Upshaw Undisclosed is out for season
08/26/18 T Landon Young Knee is out for season
08/04/18 DE Joshua Paschal Illness is out indefinitely

https://www.sports-reference.com//cfb/schools/middle-tennessee-state/2018.html

Middle Tennessee
Date
Pos Player Injury Status
Current Injuries

Player Status Type Comment
CJ Windham
Out Undisclosed Windham has been sidelined for undisclosed reasons and it is unclear when he will return to action.
Brad Anderson Out Undisclosed Anderson is sidelined with an undisclosed injury and is expected to miss the remainder of the 2018 season.
Cordell Hudson Questionable Undisclosed Hudson missed the last game dealing with an unspecified injury and it is unclear if he will suit up Saturday against Kentucky.
O.J. Johnson Questionable Leg Johnson is battling a leg injury and it is uncertain if he will play against Kentucky on Saturday.
Jovante Moffatt Questionable Suspension Moffatt was suspended for the last four games and it is unknown if he will be available Saturday against Kentucky.

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and the Kentucky Wildcats meet in college football action from Kroger Field in Lexington, KY on Saturday afternoon.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will look to add a big road win to their current 4 game winning streak following a 48-32 win over UTEP in their last outing. Brent Stockstill has thrown for 2,287 yards, 21 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 68.6% passing, while Chaton Mobley leads the Blue Raiders on the ground with 390 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns. Ty Lee leads the Blue Raiders’ receiving corps with 51 grabs for 621 yards and 5 touchdowns while Patrick Smith has 42 catches for 433 yards and 5 scores of his own. As a team, Middle Tennessee is averaging 380.9 yards of total offense to go along with 30.4 points per game this season.

The Kentucky Wildcats will look to rebound from back-to-back losses following a 24-7 setback at the hands of Tennessee last time out. Terry Wilson has thrown for 1,386 yards, 7 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 66.7% passing while Benny Snell Jr. has rushed for 1,114 yards and 10 touchdowns this year. Lynn Bowden Jr. leads the Wildcats’ receiving corps with 55 catches for 566 yards and 3 receiving touchdowns this season. As a team, Kentucky is averaging 350.3 yards of total offense to go along with 22.9 points per game this season.

Middle Tennessee is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against the SEC and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall while the under is 6-2 in their last 8 non-conference games. Kentucky is 3-13 ATS in their last 16 non-conference games and 8-22 ATS in their last 30 home games while the under is 6-1 in their last 7 games overall.

Middle Tennessee has struggled against the SEC in the past, but this could be a game where things turn for the Blue Raiders. MTSU is playing some solid football right now, putting up at least 29 points in each of their last 3 games. Kentucky is reeling after back-to-back losses, and while you feel that the Wildcats are due, one has to wonder if they have enough offensively to keep up with Middle Tennessee if the Blue Raiders get going.....

Really like Rick's video and his talk about Kentucky and how we are going to win the dang game. I've always had a lot of respect for him with regards to his character and the way he treats and recruits kid. However, this season I've really gained a lot of respect for him in the coaching aspect. I am liking the coach he's becoming here at MT you can tell he's starting to shift to a more aggressive minded coach. If we can win the conference this year, or at least make the championship game, then maybe having him for the 4-5 more years won't be so bad.

I do still think we need to recruit better talent, but I like where we are at right now from a coaching standpoint. No, we're not perfect and we look quite silly sometimes (ie. that stupid squib kick to end the first half @ UTEP....stop getting cute) but overall I'm OK with where we are at from an X's and O's and play calling stand point. Especially on defense. I really hope we can keep Shafer for as long as possible.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Lexington Herald Leader:

Blue Preview: Your guide to Kentucky’s game vs. Middle Tennessee

interesting excerpt:

...In its last five games, the Wildcats have scored only seven offensive touchdowns and are averaging a meager 13.4 points. After the latest lackluster offensive showing at Tennessee, UK tight end C.J. Conrad said “we’ve got to figure out a way to get some points on the board for (the Kentucky) defense. Because the offense is really letting them down.” .....

Make their QB beat you through the air. I watched a lot of the KY/TN game and he is mobile, but not a good QB. Load up the box and make him throw it.

Really like Rick's video and his talk about Kentucky and how we are going to win the dang game. I've always had a lot of respect for him with regards to his character and the way he treats and recruits kid. However, this season I've really gained a lot of respect for him in the coaching aspect. I am liking the coach he's becoming here at MT you can tell he's starting to shift to a more aggressive minded coach. If we can win the conference this year, or at least make the championship game, then maybe having him for the 4-5 more years won't be so bad.

I do still think we need to recruit better talent, but I like where we are at right now from a coaching standpoint. No, we're not perfect and we look quite silly sometimes (ie. that stupid squib kick to end the first half @ UTEP....stop getting cute) but overall I'm OK with where we are at from an X's and O's and play calling stand point. Especially on defense. I really hope we can keep Shafer for as long as possible.

Great Post Wiley! I love these recruiting motivation videos. At the end of this one for Charlotte, he said something great and it changed my mind about some things too.

I doubt it. He's already so beat up.

IMO, he doesn't have the arm strength. Especially after broken sternum at Syracuse. He's never been the same since then. The only reason a guy his size can pull it off is if you are like Drew Brees who has a Howitzer attached to his right shoulder.

Reactions: MT Glenn
If Coach Stock stays, Brent will be hired as a QB coach. He already has a master's or is close to getting it so he won't be a grad assistant. He's gonna be a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT