ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(7-3, 6-1) @ (#20/21)Kentucky(7-3, 5-3), 11AM, Saturday, 11/17/18

Yeah but we simple can’t block them when it matters.

agreed. Not sure why we weren't trying to chip Allen. And we could have kicked the FG instead of rushing on 4th down because we needed it and the TD.

Something we could have had planned out of that 3rd down TO. If we don't get it or if the clock is ticking....run out and kick the FG. But it looked like confusion getting the play and just terrible blocking when it mattered.

Oh well...go 49ers

Good grief. Back to back sacks and keystone cops getting plays out after injury stops. This team...smh

Middle Tennessee defeated Middle Tennessee today. A valiant effort, but far too many mistakes on many fronts for us to defeat the Kentucky Wildcats. Must focus on the big prize next week!!

Reactions: Blue_H
Scored more on UK than anyone other than UT-K (24) and Ga (34). Not a bad effort. Wish to heck we didn't give them 14 early. A little better play calling and clock Mgt. would help. I'll take it after the fiasco on West End to start the season.

Stoops proper response should have been thank you to MT. Thank you for the 2 crucial turnovers early that led to a quick lead. We beat them every where except the scoreboard; well, and they beat us with their D on any play that took over 3 seconds to develop, no, make that 2 seconds. No trickiness, just us trying play in space with what we had.

Now, the only thing I saw new was the three times they lined up with Oline spread out. So 3 our of 75 plays were tricky.

Why can't coaches just say we earned a victory against a good team.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
One one hand, I'm retrospective. On the other frustrated.

If we would have played the first few games (especially the Vandy game) like we have the last few we would have at least beaten the Commodores. I find that frustrating - knowing we had the ability to play well - but just didn't bring it for some reason. The Vanderbilt game IMO was far more important than the Kentucky game. Also, the first half of the FAU game fits in this category for me too. FIU we should have beaten. Playing calling in the final minutes cost us, but it is what it is. And we are lucky to have survived Charlotte with that debacle of an offensive performance that should never happen with a senior QB.

Retrospectively, I will offer a mea culpa. I was wrong about the fight and passion in this team. I hope that translates into a victory for the next two weekends, but I won't disparage the team win or lose. I'm proud of them. Proud of the fight. Proud of the adjustments made by the coaches. Giving credit where its due. I would like to think that means two more wins before the bowl though I know that's probably not highly likely. But CRS is right. There is something to this team, and I will stand with them regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Good grief. That appeal to Murfreesboro to show up and come to this game... Got to happen. These guys deserve it and we need the homefield advantage. Looks like UAB is going to sell out three sections. It'd be a shame if we can't drown them out.

ADVERTISEMENT