ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (5-9) vs Reinhardt (4-8, 3-6), 6:30PM, Wednesday, January 3, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
REINHARDT U.

Enrollment: 1,098
Conference: Appalachian Athletic
Arena: Brown Athletic Center
Colors: Blue & Gold Nickname: Eagles
Head Coach: Justin Newton Record at School: 61-52 (5th Season) Career Record: 85-60 (6th Season)
2022-23 Record: 15-13, 15-9 22-23 Finish: 3rd AAC 22-23 Postseason: AAC First Round
Starters R/L: 3/2 Letterwinners R/L: N/A
Roster: Eagles

TV: ESPN+
Radio: Classic Hits 93.3 - 95.1 - WGNS 101.9 FM/1450 AM/100.5FM

Last edited:
Season's over. When you ruin your record, RPI, NET, whatever ranking you want to use before you even enter conference play.....then what's the point?

The team is bad and the record is even worse. Time to start over.

I guess this is still a mid-season “exhibition week” before CUSA play begins. LaTech is playing Dallas Christian and their record / game info-preview is just as non-existent on my CBS Sports app as the MTSU / Reinhardt game.
Meanwhile, the rest of the country is playing games that actually matter.

It is streaming on ESPN+ at 6:30 for those who still like to watch pro rasslin’. 😂

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I guess this is still a mid-season “exhibition week” before CUSA play begins. LaTech is playing Dallas Christian and their record / game info-preview is just as non-existent on my CBS Sports app as the MTSU / Reinhardt game.
Meanwhile, the rest of the country is playing games that actually matter.

It is streaming on ESPN+ at 6:30 for those who still like to watch pro rasslin’. 😂

I'd rather watch reruns of the remake of Charlie's Angels.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I'm going. My kid is home from UTC and he likes going tot he games when he is here. Main reason I bought season tix last year.

Reactions: ewglenn
I wish you or one of the other 500 in attendance tonite would walk down and take a seat in one of the numerous empty courtside chairs next to our BOT Chairman just to see what happens. 😂😂
Way too introverted to publicly stir the pot that much!! I do know the Mayor well enough to talk to him down on the floor, if he is there. :cool:

• Haha
Way too introverted to publicly stir the pot that much!! I do know the Mayor well enough to talk to him down on the floor, if he is there. :cool:
Speaking of Mayor, what’s the latest in the spat between Murfreesboro and MT over the rental properties?

I’ll be curious to see who the broadcast team will be tonight and, if they will even physically be in Murphy or calling it remotely using the same live stream we’ll be watching. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BRaiderDave
Well they both oughta have plenty of confidence. LaTech blew out NCCAA (National Christian Collegiate Athletic Association) Div. II member Dallas Christian tonight by 41.

Shameful.

We are really showing that NAIA school with a losing record, that counts this as an exhibition, what big boy basketball is about!

Seriously, they don’t count this as a real game and neither does the NCAA NET. Yet somehow it’s a W for CNM……

We are really showing that NAIA school with a losing record, that counts this as an exhibition, what big boy basketball is about!

Seriously, they don’t count this as a real game and neither does the NCAA NET. Yet somehow it’s a W for CNM……
He’s not fooling us and neither is Massaro.

I'm all for playing a lower team just before conference play begins. "Should" give the guys a rest, a chance to try new schemes, new looks, play the bench, etc. But....I don't think it should be a NAIA school. We shouldn't be playing anyone that doesn't count towards NET, especially in what is typically a one bid league. Every team should be wanting to build a resume in case they blow it in the tourney.

Games like this or Grambling women winning 159-18 don't do anyone any good.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Reinhardt logo

Middle Tenn. logo

0-3
6-9,0-0 CUSA
Team12F
Rein212647
Winner MTSU473784

DATE 01/03/24
TIME 6:30PM
ATTENDANCE 2501**
SITE Murphy Center, Murfreesboro, TN
REFEREES John Garrett, James Gibson, Bret Smith

**From the official box score posted on
goblueraiders.com

LIARS.

We have actual manually hand counted attendance of 698 (plus 25 band members) from this board’s moderator who was there tonight and I believe him.

Last edited:
Reinhardt logo

Middle Tenn. logo

0-3
6-9,0-0 CUSA
Team12F
Rein212647
Winner MTSU473784

DATE 01/03/24
TIME 6:30PM
ATTENDANCE 2501
SITE Murphy Center, Murfreesboro, TN
REFEREES John Garrett, James Gibson, Bret Smith

**From the official box score posted on
goblueraiders.com

LIARS.

We have actual manually hand counted attendance of 698 (plus 25 band members) from this board’s moderator who was there tonight and I believe him.
Clearly I didn’t count workers, people walking around the track, people in line for concessions, or anyone on the floor but I’d say roughly 1100 total were in the building tonight if you added them in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT