ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (5-2) vs Houston (4-0) Wed Nov. 29 @ 7pm, ESPN+

MTFAN61

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2022
Huge road challenge for the Lady Raiders as Houston will look to avenge last years loss in Murfreesboro. Raiders had a comfortably large lead before Houston made a strong charge at the end, but coming up short.
Houston comes in with one of the nation's best offenses averaging around 98 points per game, but against relatively soft competition. Middle Tennessee will also represent the Coug's biggest challenge as the Raiders are larger & better on the defensive front than anyone they've played thus far. Houston will likely be favored at home. To win Wednesday the Raiders will have to shoot effectively from 3 all game. Can't have 1 quarter good, & 2-3 bad.

Reviewing Houston's roster they have 8 seniors & 3 grad students. Has to be the oldest team in America. Wow

They are an exceptional team. This will be a massive challenge for us. I'd expect Houston to win, to be honest, but I think we can go in there and steal a win. I saw the team heading down to TX at the airport today... wishing them good luck. Excited to see them tomorrow.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Must admit after seeing us barely survive 1-6 SIUE our last game am very concerned about the possibility of an embarrassing loss to Houston Wednesday night. This is a game they want on their resume for the March selection committee, & would love another blow out. With their size, speed, & athleticism our starters could be totally exhausted by 5 minute mark of the 3rd period due to shortened bench & substition pattern. Nonetheless fingers crossed & good luck. Boldyreva had a tough game her last outing, hopefully she gets it back together tonight.

Turnovers are the key to the game. If we hold our TO's down and force them into a few, it'll be a close game. They want 100 + possessions a game and they want to shoot a lot of 3's. They also have the Boyd girl that was at UTEP last year. She was tough for us to handle. I think we'll have a close game. Our game with them last year was just like the DePaul game, squandered a big 4th quarter lead and barely hung on for the win.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Turnovers are the key to the game. If we hold our TO's down and force them into a few, it'll be a close game. They want 100 + possessions a game and they want to shoot a lot of 3's. They also have the Boyd girl that was at UTEP last year. She was tough for us to handle. I think we'll have a close game. Our game with them last year was just like the DePaul game, squandered a big 4th quarter lead and barely hung on for the win.
Definitely hope your assessment is right, & that my worries are totally wrong. Hopefully the ladies come out & have their best game of the year.

I have a good feeling about tonight. (And also about UT next week... they lost to Notre Dame tonight)

HELLO... IF A PLAYER IS SHOOTING 3 AFTER 3 AND MAKING THEM... GUARD HER. That's three 3 pointers that Whitson has been late to defend and they easily made.

GREAT first half. Up 37-27 at halftime. Everyone is having a good game so far. Lots of adjustments. Hope we keep this up.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Stats
Bench Points0
Points In Paint20
Points off Turns5
Opp Turnovers7
2nd Chance Points7
Off Rebounds8
Fastbreak Points13
Layups10-16
Dunks0-0
Times Tied1
Times Taken Lead4
Possessions39
Scores16
Pts Per Possession.949
Scoring %41.0
Turnover %25.6
Time Leading12:26
Time Trailing4:11
Time Tied3:24

tracking

ProfilesEngineServlet

Fast pace. Our 6 who see the floor are gonna be TIRED! Meant to post this early 2nd qtr, but apparently didn't hit the button!

This has been, by far, the best game we have played in quite a while. Absolutely great job by all!

OH NO... Boldyreva down grabbing knee

Boldyreva appears to be seriously injured. She was down for a while and in a lot of pain, tears. Really difficult to see. Doesn't look good - hope she will be ok

Didn't look good at all for Boldy. Tamia Scott gets better every game. Wheeler......just incredible what she does. These girls have to be exhausted!

Nas appears to be walking on her own behind bench, great sign if she is not seriously hurt. Maybe a bone bruise? Looked like she got hit directly by their post player's knee in a freak collision of legs

Reactions: MTFAN61 and elamlee
Nas appears to be walking on her own behind bench, great sign if she is not seriously hurt. Maybe a bone bruise? Looked like she got hit directly by their post player's knee in a freak collision of legs
Fingers crossed for her. By the way, I'll never question your good feelings about a game again. Hahaha 😄

• Haha
What a defensive effort tonight; hope they sleep well tonight because, my goodness, they were playing hard all game. Houston is a very tough test and play suffocating defense. Great win 👏

70-45

Team Comparison
TEAMFG%FG3F%3FFT%FTTOPtTOREBORBSA
MT53%30-5735%7-2038%3-81911431011119
UH30%17-5723%6-2650%5-10162131105147

I've been watching and didn’t want to comment fearing I would jinx this. Wow! Best win in a while. Kudos to the coaching staff on the game plan. Where Houston's high octane offense wanted to go, the Raiders were waiting and disrupted their rythm. Praying AB is ok. This is the team we have been waiting for! Very solid road win and complete domination!!!!

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
This was a total beatdown today.

Wheeler 22 pts 9 asts
Scott 18 pts 11 rebs
Boldyreva 18 pts 7 rebs
Whitson 7 pts 8 rebs
Gregory outstanding defense
Grabovskaia filling in well

I can't remember the last time I've seen the team play this well against a really good team. Maybe Louisville last year. Houston's previous games were all major blowout wins.

This was a total beatdown today.

Wheeler 22 pts 9 asts
Scott 18 pts 11 rebs
Boldyreva 18 pts 7 rebs
Whitson 7 pts 8 rebs
Gregory outstanding defense
Grabovskaia filling in well

I can't remember the last time I've seen the team play this well against a really good team. Maybe Louisville last year. Houston's previous games were all major blowout wins.

For me it was not just playing well, but for all 4 quarters!

Yep. Outside of the first quarter we played exceptional basketball both on offense and defense. Noted some clear adjustments in the strategy today that worked, like adjusting the defense to protect against their bigs shooting 3s. Let’s do more of that!

I was not able to follow the game and was shocked by this score. Good win and hope we build on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT