ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-2; 2-1) @ FIU (3-5; 3-1), (ESPN3), 6PM, Saturday, October 29, 2016

Anyone else feel bad for Franklin and the offense? They literally have to score every time they get the ball or we lose. That's unbelievably unfair.

F'ing pathetic. There better be some staff changes.

Negative?? I think we were all just stating the obvious.

Yes, we have weaknesses. But any game on the road is tough. History shows this.

Give FIU credit, they had an incredible game plan. They took what we gave them and owned the time of possession

Good teams win close games.

We are 6-2!

As I said before, the only way this defense can stop a drive is with a turnover. If I'm a negative nellie, tell me what you think we will do if we have to field this defense against LT in the championship game?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
IMO this was individual effort overcoming piss poor coaching on the defense. This defense is more talented than the ones fielded by Manny but those squads were far more aggressive.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
wku is not going to lose another game this season. Raiders don't have to worry about a championship game. We lost our shot a couple of weeks ago. Besides Defense wins championships and it is clear we don't have one. Enjoy the win,

Reactions: Hop45
Mike, I love you, brother, but our defense is worse than putrid. We made a crappy opponent look all world. If it wasn't for a boneheaded throw with a minute and a half to go there is no doubt in my mind we would have allowed them to score. Sure we're 6-2, but those losses are because we have no defense.

wku is not going to lose another game this season. Raiders don't have to worry about a championship game. We lost our shot a couple of weeks ago. Besides Defense wins championships and it is clear we don't have one. Enjoy the win,

quoted for emphasis

Mike, I love you, brother, but our defense is worse than putrid. We made a crappy opponent look all world. If it wasn't for a boneheaded throw with a minute and a half to go there is no doubt in my mind we would have allowed them to score. Sure we're 6-2, but those losses are because we have no defense.

Ironic, isn't it?

This squad has the best offense probably in the history of Blue Raider football......

Unfortunately,

This is probably the worst defense in the history of Blue Raider football, too....

I'd bet money the stats back this up too

I never expected us to have a good D. We lost our best DT, best 2 LB and an incredible SS off last years bad D.

Why do any f you expect it to be better this year?

I thought we would go 7-5 this year and we are 6-2

I think we are over achievers. Meanwhile, I am not giving up on this year.

Not sure I would go as far as saying defense won that game. They made a mistake at the end and we capitalized.

CUSA is down this year. We are 6-2 and that is awesome.

When FIU has the mentality that "they can't stop us so why not go for it on 4th down" regardless of field position there is a SEVERE problem.

And as to the fact that FIU is 3-1 in C-USA, those three wins come against teams with 3 combined conference wins so......

Reactions: Hop45
FIU was playing to win. They have a new coach. Give them credit. Our HC would never make those decisions

Let's be clear, FIU went for it on 4th and 2 in the start of the second quarter on their own 35. You only do that if you have no respect for the defense you are lining up against. That should be a wake up call for Nix. The opponent had so little respect for your defense that they would do that.

FIU always punches us in the mouth. Alex McGough knows how to throw on us. They gave us everything they had.

Say all y'all want but we're 6-2. We've played 2 weeks straight on the road and are 2-0 on the road in these last 2 weeks. We are 4-1 on the road overall. What was our road record last year? Our D got ran up on but got a pick 6 and forced the fumble when it mattered. The only stat I really care about is the win loss column. It was a trap game and we endured.

UTSA will be tough. Let's go Blue!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT