ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-3, 1-1) @ UAB (3-2, 1-1)(BeIN), 5:30PM, Saturday, October 14, 2017

Speechless. We are not playing with any urgency. You would never know our season is on the line by watching this game.

The most predictable ending ever. An Urzua pick. I am so sick of watching the same thing happen over and over and over and over....year after year after year after year.....decade after decade after decade.....

And nothing's gonna change.

giphy.gif

And 7 games in, our season is over. Another typical little middle football season.

And just think, Alex Dale has the nerve to get on twitter and complain about fans not showing up

Honestly, I wish NOBODY would go to the games. Literally 0 people in the stands. It's the only way we'll ever see change because apparently Massaro's benchmark for success is "bowl eligibility." Our program has literally accomplished nothing in the way of championships over the last 11 seasons. Nothing. Sure, we've had some good wins here and there (blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion, it's bound to happen), but in 11 seasons we still can't win a title. By the law of averages we should have won one by now, but nope. Program is $hit.

2006-2017: Same results, same crowd, same caliber of player, same disappointing underachieving bullshit, year in, year out.

This is a pathetic program with zero aspirations to be great that's been stuck in a ditch for 11 years with no apparent desire to get out of it. I'm proud to say I have not been to a game in 5 years and will never return until Stockstill is gone.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
And now we will have 5,000 in the stands for a nationally televised game. Same thing every year. You can't expect a fan base to be fired up for a 3-4 team. Best case scenario we finish 6-6 with an invite to the "Who Gives a $hit Bowl."

Losing, just like winning, is contagious. You know who doesn't coach scared? Kermit Davis. He has a killer instinct that the players feed off of. He wants to win by 100. And that's the polar opposite of our football coach. CRS coaches to not lose. 2 cases in point come to mind, WKU last year and when we had Virginia at home.

Next year, I will save my money on football season tickets and join the 6th Man Club instead. See you in the Murphy Center. I'm checking out on football

lol @ people blaming the QB draw to get Brent injured....and then saying that is why we are losing all our games. LOL...people are clueless as h3ll.

giphy.gif

Having only 5k in the stands for the Marshall game is the PERFECT thing to happen. Same thing happened to Memphis a few years ago and it led to changes.

Lots of blame to go around. Our WR played horribly in the 2nd half. Uruza has now started 8 games, he has no more excuses. We should have scored 35 points plus.

I though the coaches got way too conservative in the 4thQ and it cost us again.

We are stuck with this for the foreseeable future. Stockstill is a huge problem (although not a moron, I retract that statement - he knows what he is doing at least to get an extension every year and keep us with this pathetic excuse of "competing"). ESPN2 against Marshall will have empty stands and what will probably be a blowout loss. I wish we could ban Stockstill from attending bowl games and just send our players and OC/DC so they could have that good experience. But for our program, I hope he does NOT get another extension. I hope for the players we make a change at HC and this program is salvaged. It is pathetic.

lol @ people blaming the QB draw to get Brent injured....and then saying that is why we are losing all our games. LOL...people are clueless as h3ll.

giphy.gif

Or we suck because of injuries, but then when said players get back from injury they rack up penalties and drop critical passes.

Face it, we suck @$$ and always will under this regime.

Having only 5k in the stands for the Marshall game is the PERFECT thing to happen. Same thing happened to Memphis a few years ago and it led to changes.
Will it lead to Stockstill being fired? No, probably not. So we will still have this dumpster fire of a program and, every time we are excited for potentially not sucking, we will continue to be disappointed.

Only way he gets fired is for Massaro/McPhee to realize that NOT firing him is costing us more than a buyout would. Empty stands is the only way to make that happen

We are stuck with this for the foreseeable future.

I say fire Massaro and Stockstill at this point. This futility is 100% Massaro's fault because of the dumbest contract extension I've seen in the history of sports (for a coach that is). Literally, he made bowl eligibility and conference W's the benchmark when we play, quite literally, one of the weakest schedules in the country EVERY YEAR. That right there goes to show what our aspirations are. Forget conference titles or double digit win seasons. Let's just get bowl eligible and make sure we get 5 conference W's.

There's very few coaches/programs across the country who COULDN'T fatten up on W's playing our pathetic schedule year in year out.

Stockstill has been given a golden parachute for 1 good season riding the back of Dasher and TF (and STILL couldn't win the conference) and now he gets by doing just enough to fatten up those extensions.

Only way he gets fired is for Massaro/McPhee to realize that NOT firing him is costing us more than a buyout would. Empty stands is the only way to make that happen
That will happen on Friday. I can't imagine we have more than 5,000 in the stands. Probably Marshall will bring 2x as many as we do to our own stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT