ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-3, 1-1) @ UAB (3-2, 1-1)(BeIN), 5:30PM, Saturday, October 14, 2017

I want to know what team in CUSA or in the AAC can afford to lose like 10 players due to injury or 3 OL's from last year and not drop off or not struggle on offense. We somehow act like we should have 3 complete lines of players ready to go with no drop off. That's just not realistic. However, we have been able to rebound despite being down so many players. It's still a crapshoot at this point but we might pull it off.

If we win 7 or more with this depleted roster, it would be an accomplishment. Not many G5 coaches could do it or have done it. I'd like to know which teams with this issue (5 or more players down including 2 all-americans) managed to get to bowl eligibility or win their conference. Yes, winning and going to a bowl is a low bar goal in the eyes of most of our fanbase but with the handicaps we face this year, it is no small feat.

Everybody has injuries at this level JT. Memphis has been off 8 or 9 starters every game for various injuries. Two are out for the year. Mostly on defense. The leading pass defender is a true freshman from Stratford. He has three pics this year. The kid from MUS who pick sixed UCLA is a redshirt freshman LB. If the star QB doesn't turn the ball over three times early vs UCF, it's a completely different ball game and the Tigers are maybe 5-0. The difference I see vs. MT is recruiting and coaching.

Reactions: VARaider84
I buy season tickets to support the program
And I'm totally cool with that. It's just not for me. I think if I could rephrase the message I want to convey it is this. If you want the community at large to attend, give them tickets at a price the casual fan or alum can't ignore. Of course once again, we are the choir, so I need not preach. I'll see you folks next Friday.

Everybody has injuries at this level JT. Memphis has been off 8 or 9 starters every game for various injuries. Two are out for the year. Mostly on defense. The leading pass defender is a true freshman from Stratford. He has three pics this year. The kid from MUS who pick sixed UCLA is a redshirt freshman LB. If the star QB doesn't turn the ball over three times early vs UCF, it's a completely different ball game and the Tigers are maybe 5-0. The difference I see vs. MT is recruiting and coaching.

If UM's QB, top WR, and starting RB were out, UM would be 3-3 right now or worse. Bottom line.

If UM's QB, top WR, and starting RB were out, UM would be 3-3 right now or worse. Bottom line.

Yep, while everyone has injuries no one who has multiple key injuries is going to win every game, especially at all the skill positions - Geez, QB, top 2 RBs, #1 and # 3 WR, top O lineman.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
If you go and pull up a JUCO's high school tape and then go to your OC and work him into the game plan and then he gets 3 TD's, you can obviously coach and yeah, you want to win. I'm not defending TF or the fact that they got Richie and Brent hurt in the first place but I know that if they are trying to be creative, at least they are trying and I give them props for that.

starting to wonder if these refs are on UAB. UAB holding like crazy on their last drive

Now there's the John Urzua on-the-road QB that I'm accustomed to.

Here we go.

well its pretty clear which team has the better QB on the field

Indeed. Unfortunately, for us he's down there on the field wearing a T-shirt today.

Which is the norm for him. I'd take AJ and his steady health and steady hand all day long over Urzua and Stockstill.

Our team is playing awesome. It's not like our season is on the line here or anything. Losing here is no biggie for conference standings, right?

UAB must have spent the last two years stockpiling linemen on both sides of the ball. We, on the other hand, apparently have not.

That's because you're an idiot.

Yeah. I'm an idiot for wanting a QB who can stay healthy and also be effective both on the ground and through the air. Such an idiot. You're right, the guy who can't stay healthy but played well 2 years ago is for sure the way to go.

UAB must have spent the last two years stockpiling linemen on both sides of the ball. We, on the other hand, apparently have not.

It's not like games are lost and won in the trenches or anything. Lets sign more WR's

John on-the-road Urzua. Good for at least 2 picks per road trip.

That punter had no chance. Great special teams play there. UAB caught sleeping

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT