ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-2, 2-0) @ FIU (3-2, 1-0), 6:30PM, Saturday, October 13, 2018

Yet another bad play call. Terrible decision from Ohara there. The safety was OBVIOUSLY there. Where else would he be?

Welp, that's it for the season. We are so unlucky. If there was ever a year to win the east it was this year. The east is incredibly weak and were not going to be able to do it.

Really have to hand it to them tonight. Giving up an 84 yard TD drive capped by a blown halfback pass for a 2-pt conversion, then get into FG range to tie it and throw a double coverage pick. Competed!

FIU was barely good enough to beat us without our starting QB. FAU will run them out of the state. Marshall bounced back big and will bring it to FIU. We gotta win out the east.

I think Marshall and FAU will beat FIU

Who really cares at this point. I am so sick of worrying about other teams beating other teams so we can benefit. That's for losers. Literally.

We won't win the East because this team and it's coaches are not championship caliber.

Period.

End of story.

Reactions: MTTim and cfly1980
If we had ran the ball, people would complain we didn’t go for the win.

They go for the win and people complain we didn’t go for the FG.

I'm not complaining about either. I could have lived with going for the FG or going for the win, as long as we make good play calls and good decisions. You can win the game both ways. The important thing in that situation is good play calls and good execution. Doesn't matter if you are going for the FG or the win.

I'm pissed at the playcalling and how they would call a play letting Ohara make a terrible decision. That was a typical, CLASSIC bait from a safety hiding in the middle of the field and baiting the QB into it. I can't believe Ohara made that throw and thought it would be that easy. I mean really you think you are gonna get single coverage on a seam route with 30 seconds left in the game? Dude, no. Just no. You can't make that throw unless you know exactly where the opposing safeties are, which he clearly didn't. Terrible play call. Terrible decision. Terrible result. Terrible.

We've always been great at flushing any good will and momentum straight down the toilet.

At least we made it to 2-0 this year. It was fun while it lasted. Back to focusing on "bowl eligibility" and finishing 4th in CUSA.

I would have ran it on first down, second down and then setup a play to 87 or a gadget play with Lee involved. If there was nothing, throw it away and kick the FG. It's not hard.

The last play sucked. But AOH did well overall given the situation.

But we lost on defense . They converted 61% on 3rd downs and converted 7 long 3rd
Downs. We forced 1 punt & zero turnovers. They drove into scoring range on every drive except 1 (not counting taking the knee). Morgan hit 75% of his passes.

The last play sucked. But AOH did well overall given the situation.

But we lost on defense . They converted 61% on 3rd downs and converted 7 long 3rd
Downs. We forced 1 punt & zero turnovers. They drove into scoring range on every drive except 1 (not counting taking the knee). Morgan hit 75% of his passes.

half of those "3rd down conversions" were from penalties. Some stupid and some bullshit calls.

We held them to 87 yards rushing and 24 total points. All of us would have taken that and ran like we robbed a bank before the game started. Not the defenses fault Porcelain Stockstill struck again.

7521-E124-0-DDB-4-ED1-AEF9-7030-C68-FB4-E0.png
What a crowd.

Fun game to watch! We did not get blown out. We still are in the hunt to play in a conference championship. Plus I filled up my new clear mt bag full of vodka and chugged the whole thing. Life is good!

Reactions: Hop45
That's exactly what our home crowds look like....if not worse

half of those "3rd down conversions" were from penalties....

Actually only 1 of their 11 3rd conversions was due to penalty. We did have a few penalties on other downs that gave them 1st though.

Frustrated that we gave up a 3rd and 8, 3rd & 9, and 3rd & 3 on their last TD drive. So many chances missed on D and obviously on offense at the end.

Sadly, I think our Championship hopes are ruined. Don’t see this team winning out in conference now with the injury situation and likely to pick up another loss because we aren’t quite dominant. The winner will have one conference loss and be co-champion. So close, and yet far, far away from where we need and want to be.

Yup. We ain't winning out. We'll be lucky to get to UAB with 1 loss. And AJ Erdely & Co. are gonna come in to Floyd and lay the smack down. Wish I could go back and pull up all the threads on this forum where I asked about why he wasn't playing and why he was 3rd string. I guess he wasn't good enough to be an FBS starting QB, or even a back-up for that matter, right? :D Guess we'll see who is wearing a ring at the end of the year.

Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT