ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-2, 2-0) @ FIU (3-2, 1-0), 6:30PM, Saturday, October 13, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress

home-slider-1.jpg

Florida International University
Founded: 1965 Enrollment: 54,099 Undergrad 39,081 Postgrad 8,367
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Blue and Gold
Fight song: FIU Fight Song
Series: MT leads 8-4 on the field (one win vacated by FIU due to NCAA sanctions).
Stadium: OCEAN BANK FIELD AT FIU STADIUM
Head Coach: Butch Davis (Arkansas, 1974) Record at FIU: 3-1 (1st) Overall:79-43 (10th) 2016 Record: 4-8 (4-4) 2016 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 18/7 Lettermen R/L: 57/17

Weather Forecast:

Where: Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium, 11200 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33199

Stadium Policies:
Items prohibited from all FIU Stadium events include: any outside food/beverages, illegal drugs, playing balls, umbrellas, pets (except for certified service dogs for disabled patrons), bottles, cans, flasks, thermoses, ice bags, ice chests, coolers, picnic baskets, boom boxes, firearms, incendiary devices (fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.), artificial noisemakers, musical instruments, flag poles, confetti, weapons, hover boards, laser pointers, drone-type aircraft or any item deemed hazardous by FIU Stadium management personnel.
Those with illegal drugs or incendiary devices are subject to ejection and/or arrest. Authorities are allowed to inspect patrons, and their bags, upon entering FIU Stadium for the purpose of spectator safety. No large bags (must be no larger than 8" x 11") and no backpacks, etc., will be allowed into FIU Stadium. Baby strollers need to be kept clear of all aisle ways and must be checked upon entering the Stadium. All items (packages) are subject to search.

Television:

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius: 118, XM: 203, TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Miami Herald, FIU Student paper, , , ,

Message Boards: FIU Golden Panthers, ,,

Blogs: The Prowl, saintpetersblog.com, ,

Athletic site:
fiusports.com, goblueraiders.com, Game Day Central

Media Guides:
FIU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: FIU 2018 SBNation Preview, FIU (Orlando Sentinel # ), Middle Tennessee 2018 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel # ),

Game Notes:
FIU Notes, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Panthers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
MT vs FIU: Game Preview & Prediction

Twitter: @FIUFootball, @FIUAthletics, @PetePelegrin, @FIUPantherVSN, @TamiamiArmy, @PantherPodcast, @AJRicketts, @EricCHenry_, @DavidDrucker, , , ,

Hashtags:
#FIU, #FIUPanthers, #PawsUp,

Facebook:
FIU Panthers,

Youtube: FIU Panthers, , ,

Instagram:
fiuathletics, fiupanthersfootball

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (2-3, 0-1) vs FIU (3-1, 2-0)(Homecoming)(TV: ESPN3), 2PM, Saturday, October 7, 2017

2016 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee (5-2; 2-1) @ FIU (3-5; 3-1), (ESPN3), 6PM, Saturday, October 29, 2016

2015 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee vs FIU, 11AM, Saturday, October 17, 2015

Last edited:
54K students, geez.

Our momentum will help here.
And maybe 540 of them go to their football games. If we think our fan base is small... FIU has us beat. UM is the team for almost everyone down there, including FIU students.

If we use that big boy package, we will run on them. Better yet, we will move the ball through the air too. Defensively, if we can hang with FAU and Marshall, we can hang with these guys.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won consecutive contests following a 35-24 victory at Marshall as a three point underdog. Middle Tennessee held Marshall to 382 yards and three turnovers while totaling 420 yards and overcoming eleven giveaways and a lost fumble.

Blue Raiders quarterback Brent Stockstill connected on 25-40 for 317 yards and a pair of touchdowns while running for 31 yards on 13 totes with a trip to the end zone.

Tavares Thomas led Middle Tennessee State on the ground with 42 yards on 15 carries and a score while catching two passes and another TD. The Blue Raiders saw Ty Lee and Gatlin Casey lad the air attack with ten catches for 131 yards.

The Florida International Golden Panthers are still in line for a Bowl following a 55-9 rout of Arkansas-Pine Bluff heading in to their bye. Florida International was dominant in all areas as they rolled up a 615-282 yardage edge and forced a pair of turnovers.

Golden Panthers quarterback James Morgan connected on 9-14 for 341 yards and four touchdowns with Christian Alexander going 4-5 for another 52 yards.

D’Vonte Price led FIU on the ground with 110 yards and two touchdowns on five carries while Napolean Maxwell added 47 yards and a score on two carries. Florida International saw Maurice Alexander catch five passes for 144 yards and a TD while Cadarius Gaskin recorded a pair of receptions for 86 yards and another score.

Under is 4-0-1 in MTSU Blue Raiders last 5 games after accumulating more than 280 yards passing in their previous game and MTSU Blue Raiders are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a bye week and under is 5-1-1 in MTSU Blue Raiders last 7 games after allowing more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game. Over is 4-0 in FIU Golden Panthers last 4 games after allowing less than 20 points in their previous game and over is 6-0-1 in FIU Golden Panthers last 7 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game and FIU Golden Panthers are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points. Over is 3-0-1 in the last 4 meetings and over is 5-0-1 in the last 6 meetings in Florida International and home team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.....

Dang that was quick. From +2.5 to PK in under 12 hours. Looks like someone is watching the 2nd halves of our last 2 games.

FIU's schedule -
Lost 38-28 vs. Indiana at home. They are a decent team, who is 4-2 overall.
Beat ODU 28-20. ODU (1-5) is not a good team, just don't tell VTech that.
Beat UMass at home 63-24. UMass (2-5) has given up 314 points in 7 games, almost 45 points a game.
Lost 31-17 @ #16 Miami (5-1). Pretty good showing against their in-state rival.
Won 55-9 @ home against Arkansas-Pine Bluff (1-5). They are division 1-AA and not a good team.

I am not sure what their season so far tells us. I think this is going to be a good match-up and I think FIU has the slight edge coming off a bye and at home. That said, I think we can win.

Here I am again, trying to plan how I'm going to watch this game. BeIN Sports not on my subscription pkg. We have THE WORST TV contracts in the NCAA.

Now that the sale beer st Floyd why don’t they open the gates and put it on the big screen.

Now that the sale beer st Floyd why don’t they open the gates and put it on the big screen.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but people don't go when there is actually, you know, a LIVE game in the stadium, so I can't see a lot of people going to pay for beer & food and watch it on TV.

I agree with you.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but people don't go when there is actually, you know, a LIVE game in the stadium, so I can't see a lot of people going to pay for beer & food and watch it on TV.

True Blue Beerfest at Floyd. $50 entry, $5 off for wearing MT gear. To keep the theme, music is Blue grass until game time. Festival is from 6-10, VIP tix for $100 gets entry at 5:00. Every MT TD adds 10 minutes to festival up to an hour.

All proceeds after vendors goes to BRAA.

That would get a crowd, make $$$ & get people who usually do not care about MT cheering for the blue.

True Blue Beerfest at Floyd. $50 entry, $5 off for wearing MT gear. To keep the theme, music is Blue grass until game time. Festival is from 6-10, VIP tix for $100 gets entry at 5:00. Every MT TD adds 10 minutes to festival up to an hour.

All proceeds after vendors goes to BRAA.

That would get a crowd, make $$$ & get people who usually do not care about MT cheering for the blue.
Great idea. Sign me up for 4 tickets.
This is the mindset MT marketing needs to take.

Reactions: MTLynn
Shoot. I’m always down for an Octobrewfest. Throw in MT football and I’d make the drive down.

Food trucks and several beer vendors. That would be awesome.

Reactions: MTLynn
Back up to +2.

I really do think this is the week the books are right on us, unfortunately.

We certainly have the potential to win this game, but it's hard to win on the road. I hope I'm wrong. FIU is not a great team, but they're a solid team coming off a bye week. I have to wonder just how much energy and thirst for victory our team has at this point after wins over FAU and Marshall. Are our boys happy with themselves and feel they have conquered the beast? Or are they still thirsty to whip some tail and prove how good of a team they are. We are about to find out the character of this team. It's easy to get pumped up for games against FAU and @Marshall.

Playing FIU, especially after we destroyed them last year, is going to be a hard game for them to get up for.

FIU's run D is what gives me hope. If we can establish the run and grind the clock, we automatically take them out of what they like to do. If we can withstand the first half, I have no doubt that the second half will help us lock this game up.

I hate to say it, but the FIU game this year? Here's what it feels like to me...

The North Texas game in 2001
The Troy game in 2006
The Troy game in 2009
The Troy game in 2010
The Arkansas St game in 2012
The ECU game in 2013

What do all these games have in common? If you don't want to look it up...

Win those games and we win the conference or the C-USA eastern division. Caveat to the ECU game as Marshall technically won the east that year, but we actually beat Marshall and would have won the tiebreaker if not for the ECU loss. Regardless, there is always someone better than us. Even when we think we sleighed the giant. Look up only to find out it was somebody else and most certainly not MT. This game feels a lot like that. This game feels like the game where FIU will supplant itself as the best team in the east ala North Texas in '01 or Troy on '09 no matter how good we thought we were.

I hate to say it, but the FIU game this year? Here's what it feels like to me...

The Troy game in 2006
The Troy game in 2009
The Troy game in 2010
The ECU game in 2013

Win those games and we win the conference or the C-USA eastern division. Caveat to the ECU game as Marshall technically won the east that year, but we actually beat Marshall and would have won the tiebreaker if not for the ECU loss. Regardless, there is always someone better than us. Even when we think we sleighed the giant. Look up only to find out it was somebody else and most certainly not MT. This game feels a lot like that. This game feels like the game where FIU will supplant itself as the best team in the east ala North Texas in '01 or Troy on '09 no matter how good we thought we were.

I've had some of the same thoughts, but with the thought even if we win this game someway, somewhere along the way we stumble and lose to a couple of teams that no one expects MT to lose to and we look up and someone else is playing in the CUSA Chamionship game.

I guess these thoughts come natural. MT fans are on the receiving end of this abusive relationship with the MT football program.

Ha, so true. - Seeing by buddies lined up at the fence in 06 with the 2 minute meltdown against Troy was one of the funniest / unreal / typical MT endings I've been able to witness.

In 2001, our Senior project group was listening to the NT game and couldn't believe the wind blowing that punt that kept going.

And....when I decided to drive to Troy in 09 to watch the ESPN game only to drive back empty handed...I was starring to see a pattern.

2012 - Everything on the line. The unofficial championship game and we got blown out. That is when I fell off the wagon.

Stock's new style of coaching has peaked my interest. He's giving the team a shot. Going for it....its just exciting. Not sure I can ask for more at this point.

The Troy game in 2006
The Troy game in 2009
The Troy game in 2010
The ECU game in 2013

FIU having "adverse financial circumstances" and cut backs in their athletic department?

http://www.fiugoldenpanthers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6861

FIU not the only school who I suspect has eliminated/cut back on play-by-play broadcaster. Otherwise why is Chip Walters now "moonlighting" as a real estate rep.?

And I thought with his title Chip had a full-time position with not enough time in the day do meet all obligations, that is if he was working his butt off promoting MT athletics.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT