ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (26-4, 16-1) vs. FAU(10-18, 6-11), ESPN3, 5PM, Saturday, March 4, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Date: Saturday, March 4
Tip-Off: 5:00 p.m. CT
Senior Day
MT Men's Basketball Legends Day
Purchase tickets here or call 615-898-5261

TV: None
Online Streaming: ESPN3
Must have valid cable log-in to watch live stream

Radio: 1450 AM, 94.9 FM, 95.1 FM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM
Free Audio: Click here

Series Record: 22nd meeting; MT leads series 17-4
Last Meeting: January 21, 2017 (MT 86, FAU 57)

Rosters: MT / FAU

warren nolan live rpi: MT #36 / FAU #298

Live-RPI.com: MT #36 / FAU #297

Sagarin: MT #66 / FAU #264

Pomeroy: MT #53 / FAU #260

KPI: MT #34 / FAU #294

ESPN BPI: MT #53 / FAU #277

Last edited:
"Blue Raider fans will get the last chance to see four seniors who have made huge impacts on the men's basketball program.

Aldonis Foote, Xavier Habersham, JaCorey Williams and Reggie Upshaw each came to Middle Tennessee with different personalities. Instead of clashing, they've meshed and created a culture in the locker room that head coach Kermit Davis attributes to the success of his team this season....."

goblueraiders.com:
BLUE RAIDERS PREP FOR EMOTIONAL SENIOR NIGHT

GAME INFORMATION
(Game Notes)

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Saturday, March 4
Time: 5:00 p.m. CT
Teams: Middle Tennessee (26-4, 16-1) vs. Florida Atlantic (10-18, 6-11)
Arena: Murphy Center (11,520)
TV: ESPN3

Live Video | Live Audio | Live Stats

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The FAU Owls and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Saturday in college basketball action at the Murphy Athletic Center.

The FAU Owls could use a big road win after losing five of their last seven games. The FAU Owls are averaging 69.2 points on 41 percent shooting and allowing 73.8 points on 45.4 percent shooting. Adonis Filer is averaging 11.1 points and 2.9 rebounds while Gerdarius Troutman is averaging 9.7 points and 1.2 rebounds. Nick Rutherford is dishing 4.4 assists and Ronald Delph is grabbing 6.7 rebounds. The FAU Owls are shooting 31.7 percent from beyond the arc and 70.9 percent from the free throw line. The FAU Owls are allowing 37.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 32.5 rebounds per game. The FAU Owls have split their last eight road games.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders look for another victory to build on their six-game winning streak. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are averaging 72.6 points on 48.1 percent shooting and allowing 63.2 points on 42.4 percent shooting. JaCorey Williams is averaging 17.4 points and 7.5 rebounds while Giddy Potts is averaging 15 points and 1.9 assists. Reggie Upshaw is the third double-digit scorer and Tyrik Dixon is grabbing 2.6 rebounds. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 69 percent from the free throw line. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are allowing 33.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 32.2 rebounds per game. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won eight straight home games.

The Owls are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 road games and 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Blue Raiders are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 home games and 17-7 ATS in their last 24 games overall. The Owls are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings in Middle Tennessee and 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings overall.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders already beat FAU this season by 29 points on the road and has been one of the more consistent teams against the number this season. The Owls have been a better team on the road, but it's hard to ignore how the last meeting between these two teams went down.....

Sorry Ken,

FAU sucks and doesn't deserve to be in CUSA. It's because of teams like them in this conference that's stopping us from being a 2 bid league. If I could bounce them, FIU, Rice, UTEP, Charlotte, and North Texas, I would in a heart beat. I would trade them for Appy St., Arky St. in football, Ga Southern and even a Troy. This past year, all of those would have been massive upgrades in both sports. Our former commish screwed us by not judging additions based on performance and going for fantasy tv markets. Look at our new awesome TV deal? If we had a more competitive league, we could have done better.

Banowski and Judy makes Waters and Benson look like Kraft and Bill Belichick.

It was a nice strong 30+ point win. Too bad I had to watch a 27 win team on a 3rd world stream.

Good win and great performance by Giddy... Figured he was due for a huge outburst. Glad we can draw 9,000 for a game against a crap-tastic F_U school that nobody cares about! We have a brand, finally, and people care about US! What a change that is from just a few short years ago.

What a great senior night. That's what a senior night should always be like. I was bawling like a baby when Reggie reacted to his brother surprising him. Reggie's gesture of kissing the MT logo during the time out when he was pulled off the floor for the final time was just great. Kudos to Williams, Habersham and Foote. A great group of seniors. Wish we had them longer.

dnj:
http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ws-brother-surprises-him-senior-day/98752766/
VIDEO: Reggie Upshaw's brother surprises him on senior day

The senior night activities caught the attention of a wku fan on the haven:

MTSU Senior Night
Monday at 11:50 AMLast edited Monday at 11:53 AMby EmmaDaddy

Okay, THIS is absolutely clutch:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ised-by-his-military-brother-on-senior-night/

I've got nothing but RESPECT for this year's MTSU club. Honestly, if that same group of guys were all wearing a WKU uniform, they'd be one of my all-time favorite Topper teams. Them boys play defense, play together, and are fun to watch. Ya know...We're not beating them this week, so I hope they win the C-USA Tournament and then go give hell to a bunch of over-rated P5 teams.

I'm out!

Murph

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT