ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-1) vs UT-Martin (0-1), 6PM, Saturday, September 8, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be a win, but it did little to instill confidence in the fans. A few players had a good game, but it wasn't exactly pretty overall for the team. I'm starting to think some OL coaching changes need to be made. Sort of pointless as a HC change is needed immediately. MT already lost the #1 RB for who knows how long. Brent isn't going to last much longer with the sorry performance from the OL. If I'm not mistaken, UTM out-rushed MT for the game. That is sad.

MT's OL vs UGA = Brent not playing the entire game

Lastly, who had the moronic idea to flash the stadium lights on and off every time MT scored including xp? For all intents and purposes, all games on the schedule are TV games. MT finally upgraded to new lights that actually improved the overall lighting and look that was desperately needed. For the most part, that old low class dingy yellow looking lighting was finally gone. Then someone had to play with them after every score, and it played h$ll on the cameras for the TV broadcast. There is a reason no one else (that I know of) does this during games. I guess when they finally about broke the new system late in the game with the genius idea, it seems someone finally decided to just leave them on.

You know it’s bad when the best we can do is show how bad other programs are to boost our confidence.

It may be a win, but it did little to instill confidence in the fans. A few players had a good game, but it wasn't exactly pretty overall for the team. I'm starting to think some OL coaching changes need to be made. Sort of pointless as a HC change is needed immediately. MT already lost the #1 RB for who knows how long. Brent isn't going to last much longer with the sorry performance from the OL. If I'm not mistaken, UTM out-rushed MT for the game. That is sad.

MT's OL vs UGA = Brent not playing the entire game

Lastly, who had the moronic idea to flash the stadium lights on and off every time MT scored including xp? For all intents and purposes, all games on the schedule are TV games. MT finally upgraded to new lights that actually improved the overall lighting and look that was desperately needed. For the most part, that old low class dingy yellow looking lighting was finally gone. Then someone had to play with them after every score, and it played h$ll on the cameras for the TV broadcast. There is a reason no one else (that I know of) does this during games. I guess when they finally about broke the new system late in the game with the genius idea, it seems someone finally decided to just leave them on.

The light show was awesome. I was pissed about our performance but the only "bright" spot was the light show.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Bottom line. We will know what we really have against FAU.

I've seen enough right now to think this is a 4-8 team. Injuries are piling up and with more to come and it appears our depth is piss poor. Before the season I thought we had a shot against FAU and Marshall. I am not seeing it at this point.

Bottom line. We will know what we really have against FAU.

I've seen enough right now to think this is a 4-8 team. Injuries are piling up and with more to come and it appears our depth is piss poor. Before the season I thought we had a shot against FAU and Marshall. I am not seeing it at this point.

Your probably right. I actually left at 40-24. I never leave. Just trying to be hopeful.

That’s probably accurate, but unfortunately, we’re not that lucky. We’ll end up 6-6 with a crap bowl and contract extension for the coach.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
We are going to get crushed by Georgia and Kentucky. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 56-0 or something next game.

Wow. CFB is dying before our eyes.

Doesnt surprise me. When sports gets political, don’t change our game day experience, and we can’t break .600, this is what you get.

For UT martin, that was a good crowd. Better than most of our conference games lately.

We had plenty of folks on the bottom endzone seats too. WKU had a lot less at their game. Vandy had a lot of empty seats at their game. If we're gonna fight apathy in CFB attendance, OOC proximity and conference proximity has to be in the equation.

To be honest, I miss the Sun Belt. I said that last year and I say it this year too. Appy st., Troy, Ga Southern, Arky St., are pretty good programs. If all of those teams were in CUSA, it would be a pretty good conference. We had more proximity with teams like WKU, ASU, and Troy. Add UAB, Appy st. and the Georgia teams, you'd have a pretty awesome conference then. Definitely more interest with proximity.

I agree with what's been said however, I gotta harp on the play calling and formations the play calls came out of. Also, Brent isn't comfortable back there in his check downs or audible options. Kilgore was given a lot more freedom to check in and out of plays with Buster. TF keeps a much tighter reign over things and it's not working. We have plenty of talent. It's the combination of bad play calling and the team not understanding what our cray cray OC is trying to do. It feels like a communication issue. Things need to be simplified it seems. On defense, we were a train wreck. Simpson just gave the conference the recipe of how to beat us and it's when we line up in zone or that weird 3-5 base coverage. Their QB picked us apart.

It's definitely a mess but WKU is in full melt down mode. They're gonna be 0-5 and Charlotte could beat them. FAU, Marshall and UNT are the bell cows in the conference this year. @ Marshall is gonna be brutal.

Last edited:
I agree with what's been said however, I gotta harp on the play calling and formations the play calls came out of. Also, Brent isn't comfortable back there in his check downs or audible options. Kilgore was given a lot more freedom to check in and out of plays with Buster. TF keeps a much tighter reign over things and it's not working. We have plenty of talent. It's the combination of bad play calling and the team not understanding what our cray cray OC is trying to do. It feels like a communication issue. Things need to be simplified it seems. On defense, we were a train wreck. Simpson just gave the conference the recipe of how to beat us and it's when we line up in zone or that weird 3-5 base coverage. Their QB picked us apart.

It's definitely a mess but WKU is in full melt down mode. They're gonna be 0-5 and Charlotte could beat them. FAU, Marshall and UNT are the bell cows in the conference this year. @ Marshall is gonna be brutal.

Atleast Western will fire their bad coach after a few seasons. We on the other hand, will still have Stockstill here years from now.

I have concerns on both sides of the ball. On offense, Kobe Bryant would call us "soft like Charmin." We didn't seem to have much success playing straight up. We had to resort to misdirection or gadget plays; maybe because our OL was dominated and we looked like we were the FCS team. It's not a question of if Brent will get injured, but when.
How long will Blankenship be out? They were speculating last night that the defensive play calling had to be adjusted when he (and another DB) went down. Injuries happen, but it doesn't sound like we have depth at critical positions to avoid a huge drop in the results.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Look, VU snotboxed Nevada yesterday even a tad worse than they did us. Offensively, this is the best Vandy has looked in a while. FAU is the top team in the conference and should repeat. Marshall is there in 2nd. After that, it's all a hot mess right now. We're actually one of the few CUSA teams that won last night LOL.

Folks can say what they want but after last night, UT Martin is better than over 50% of the teams in this conference right now. I'd argue for 60% at this point.

Yes, a 1-4 start shouldn't be expected but FAU, UGA, and an improved VU team isn't exactly a cakewalk either. It is what it is. We can't control the outcome of any of this, only react to it. I love CFB but letting it ruin my life is silly.

I believe we had 15 players out yesterday before the game. According to Stock, we had hardly any injury concerns going into the Vandy game. So did all of these guys get hurt at Vandy??

It seems like for years now, our team had been filled with paper dolls.

Do we have enough D1-level talent to even beat Charlotte, ODU or UTEP should Brent go down against Georgia next week? Be honest.

Do we have enough D1-level talent to even beat Charlotte, ODU or UTEP should Brent go down against Georgia next week? Be honest.
I don’t think we do. We looked like crap when he got injured last year - and that’s when we had some playmakers. Who are our playmakers on offense? On defense? The ones I can think of (Blankenship, Thomas, etc.) have been injured already!?!

I don’t think we do. We looked like crap when he got injured last year - and that’s when we had some playmakers. Who are our playmakers on offense? On defense? The ones I can think of (Blankenship, Thomas, etc.) have been injured already!?!
I watched Auburn/Alabama State last night. I thought to myself that our game next week will be similar.

MT lost to bammer 37-10 in 2015. I expect a similar score vs georgia

It's all about effort. georgia will be going through the motions - like they are playing their scout team.

I expect MT to get a few garbage scores at the end of the game vs the walk-on's so, yeah, 37-10 georgia

It's all about effort. georgia will be going through the motions - like they are playing their scout team.

I expect MT to get a few garbage scores at the end of the game vs the walk-on's so, yeah, 37-10 georgia
If it were all about effort then Rutgers wouldn’t have lost to Ohio State 52-3 on Saturday.

If it were all about effort then Rutgers wouldn’t have lost to Ohio State 52-3 on Saturday.

The only thing about this, even if UGA had bigger fish to fry this season and they play their backups and scrubs as early as the second quarter, I could see the score easily being that lopsided. It seems like injuries for the Raiders are going to keep the Raiders from being at their best, and I don't know that even that would make a difference in whatever margin of victory the bulldogs want.

This is a game where we simply try to not get the team more injured than we are. Run the ball, grind the clock and get the hell out of there. Then we have a bye week to get a bit healthier for FAU.

I don't know about the effort of ohio state in the rutgers game but I feel comfortable that the effort georgia plays with vs MT will be close to the effort 2015 bammer gave MT. That's why I think the score of the georgia game will be close to the score of the 2015 bammer game

That kid is a damn good QB. Western Michigan offered him a full schollie. That was PJ Fleck that did that BTW. Their RB put up over 200 yards on Ole Miss last year and most of their line are also D1 transfers. That's a good team we played. Y'all can argue it all you want but that QB is 6'3 205 lbs. and can throw on a rope. He's actually a better pure QB than Kyle Shurmer. We could have played better but that team is better than 60% of our conference right now.

Reactions: Hop45
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT