ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-1) vs UT-Martin (0-1), 6PM, Saturday, September 8, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing could be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes the train has to come all the way off the tracks.
Not gonna lie, if it means Stockstill is fired, I'm for it. But let's be honest. He wouldn't be fired even if we lose this unless it was 56-14 or something.

Not gonna lie, if it means Stockstill is fired, I'm for it. But let's be honest. He wouldn't be fired even if we lose this unless it was 56-14 or something.

Yea. Who knows. I really don't care anymore. This team is not fun to watch. At all.

Been watching Fresno @ Minnesota as that's actually an interesting match-up with a G5 team that has real men on it's roster. I'll follow the MT game on ESPN updater but it's sad I have no desire to watch them play anymore.

Yea. Who knows. I really don't care anymore. This team is not fun to watch. At all.

Been watching Fresno @ Minnesota as that's actually an interesting match-up with a G5 team that has real men on it's roster. I'll follow the MT game on ESPN updater but it's sad I have no desire to watch them play anymore.

Yep. I am in Manhattan Kansas. Watched my other school pound KSU today. My allegiance is to my undergrad school, MT, but damn the Raiders make it hard.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
We have a coach in his 13th season and we are out there getting pushed around on offense by a local FCS team.

F'ing joke.

Reactions: Hop45
Yup. I usually do all kinds of HDMI cable runs and all to stream the game if it's not on any of my Fire TV apps.
Didn't even try today. Watched the WVU game instead.

My wife asked me why and I simply said "WVU is more fun to watch and actually wins".

Gonna be a long season. I hate to say it but a big part of me is actually hoping we lose if it means the end of this era. I'm not fully to that point yet, but I'm getting there. More every week.

This OL is so bad. Our interior linemen suck, our right tackle is PATHETIC. Only player worth a shit on our OL is LT Carlos Johnson. The rest are eating for free.

Amir Luckett wouldn't start for The Tennessee College of Cumberland Sciences A&M. Holy mother of god that dude is bad. I could run around him. It is really really sad he's all we got at RT. This staff has zero ability when it comes to finding talent for the OL.

Rick Mallory and Polly shouldn't have jobs by the end of the day tomorrow. Zero excuse for this total incompetence.

I actually just walked out of the stadium. We may win but it’s tough to watch an average FCS team physically push us around.

I am 54, I have never left early.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
UGA could have just their walkons playing next week and they'd still beat us by 50+.

I'm watching an offense that's scored 54 points. I'm watching a D that's given up 37. More points than we gave up to Vandy.

Yes we've scored 55 points but it's been all through the air. We have dominated through the air but we get zero push up front.

You can beat average FCS teams in this manner.

When we go against a team of men and cannot run the ball and become 1 dimensional with the pass like we are tonight, we are gonna get $hit on.

I'm watching an offense that's scored 54 points. I'm watching a D that's given up 37. More points than we gave up to Vandy.

We are averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground against a middling FCS team. I'm trying not to be an ass here but I'm really starting to question your intelligence.

We are scoring on mis direction. Our QB has been hit and hit hard. We cannot run the ball on freaking UT Martin.

Idk about the rest of you but I am worried about our defense AND also I think our OL is quite terrible. Really, 37+ to a middle of the pack OVC team???

Well, I will say this in JT's favor. Though the OL has looked atrocious, the defense has made up for it by not tackling and taking bad angles. Lost count on how many tackles have been missed. This is not a championship caliber team -- on either side of the ball.

That's all I'm saying. If you're gonna pick which is worse, I'm going D. BTW WKU is losing to Maine. LOL. UAB is getting snotboxed by Coastal Carolina.

Yes we have major problems it appears on both sides of the ball. That's the second week in a row we've allowed a big TD run because we've had zero men at the second level. Shafer really needs to reconsider being so aggressive and having everyone on the line. Simple zone power both weeks has resulted in easy TD's because every single one of our guys is sucked up on the line. They open 1 hole and they gone. You cannot make that easy on them.

With regards to the offense, we are throwing it well but the lack of a run game is such a problem. Teams like Marshall, FAU, etc. are going to control the box with favorable numbers and shut down our passing game. Great potential there for those games to get real ugly. This isn't even close to a championship caliber team. Special teams leaves a lot to be desired as well. Multiple missed extra points and Crews Holt doesn't appear to be an accurate FG kicker.

We've got a lot of issues and not enough time to correct them. Gonna be a long season.

BTW WKU is losing to Maine. LOL.

The line on that game was only 8 points. Maine is a lot better than you think.

I had Coastal beating UAB. +280 on the ML. UAB ALWAYS struggles on the road. Easy $.

Ticket Number:
----------
Accepted Date:
9/8/2018 - EST
Graded Date:
9/8/2018
Wager Type:
Money Line
Wager Status:
Win
Risk:
$100.00 (USD)
To Win Amount:
$280.00 (USD)
Amount Paid:
$380.00 (USD)
Description:
Football - NCAA - UAB vs. Coastal Carolina - Coastal Carolina

UAB was a 6 point favorite and lost by 23. That's a beatdown. Come on Maine. Time to close the deal.

-oline was not good against a middle of the road OVC opponent
-where are the other 26 receivers on scholarship?
-how do you let UT Martin move the ball like that???
-When do we protect the QB?
-who can rush the passer? None yet
-why is our oline so bad???
-we just really had a game in question with UT Martin at halftime.... UT Martin at halftime... let that settle in..

Reactions: MTOleBlue
A UT martin team with a lot of FBS transfers. Half the line are transfers from Memphis and schools like that. The QB was a WMU commit. On the bright side, we did put more points on them than Missouri did last week.

And FSU is losing to a similar level FCS team deep into the 4th quarter.

Get ready for a 1 and 4 start. This team is horrible to watch. Zero talent. Our crap recruiting is showing.

Even with better recruiting would 1-4 be an unexpected start? Yes the Vandy gane was a terrible ahowing, but the way they beat Nevada says we could have lost to them with better talent. So 1-4 with losses to Vandy, Georgia, FAU, and Marshall is something not to be somewhat expected? Ideally 3-2 with a win over Vandy and/or Marshall or FAU. Reasonably 2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT