ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-1) vs UT-Martin (0-1), 6PM, Saturday, September 8, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress

campvisit4.JPG

UTMartin
Founded: 1927 Enrollment: 6,705 (Undergraduates 6,279, Postgraduates 426)
Colors: Blue and Orange Nickname: Skyhawks
Series: 20-7-1
Stadium: Graham Stadium (7,500)
Head Coach: Jason Simpson Record at UTM: 13th season, 78–60 (.565)
2017 Record: 6-5 (4-4) Bowl: n/a
Starters Ret./Lost: Lettermen R/L:

Weather Forecast: Cloudy in the evening with scattered thunderstorms developing after midnight. Low 72F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Bags 24"-by-24"-by-24" inches and smallerwill be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television: ESPN+, Jake Rose (play-by-play), Alex Myers (analyst), Sara Cardona (sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius: , XM: , TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video ( )

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: , The Pacer (student paper)

Message Boards:

Blogs: ,

Athletic site:
, GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides:
UTMartin, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
UTM Game Notes, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Skyhawks, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
UT MARTIN FOOTBALL TO TRAVEL TO MIDDLE TENNESSEE FOR IN-STATE SHOWDOWN, Looking ahead to MT and UT Martin

Twitter: @utmsports, @UTM_FOOTBALL

Hashtags:
#WeAreSkyhawks #FearTheSkyhawk #SkyhawkNation #UTM #UTMartin# Skyhawks #SoarToNewHeights,

Facebook: UTM Sports

Youtube: UTM Sports

Instagram:
utm sports

Last edited:
Their top defensive player is a senior linebacker, Kevin Prather, Jr., from Oakland High School who had 9 tackles and 2 tackles for loss against Missouri.

While finding and linking the ut-martin media guide for this season, I went to goblueraiders.com to see if they had yet provided a link to the 2018 Blue Raider media guide (they had not leading up to the vanderbilt game) and as of Tuesday morning of the second week of football season they still do not have the 2018 media guide linked anywhere on goblueraiders.com that I can find...

While finding and linking the ut-martin media guide for this season, I went to goblueraiders.com to see if they had yet provided a link to the 2018 Blue Raider media guide (they had not leading up to the vanderbilt game) and as of Tuesday morning of the second week of football season they still do not have the 2018 media guide linked anywhere on goblueraiders.com that I can find...
It'll get done. I'm sure we have a crew competing like **** to get it done.

On Monday I went to GBR.com to look up the box score from the Vandy game because I wanted to see what the announced attendance was. I clicked on "recap" from the schedule page and got a message that said, "Something went wrong, we are sorry for the inconvenience."

I thought to myself, maybe that actually IS the game recap :)

The issue has since been resolved, but sometimes, the jokes write themselves.

On Monday I went to GBR.com to look up the box score from the Vandy game because I wanted to see what the announced attendance was. I clicked on "recap" from the schedule page and got a message that said, "Something went wrong, we are sorry for the inconvenience."

I thought to myself, maybe that actually IS the game recap :)

The issue has since been resolved, but sometimes, the jokes write themselves.
I went there yesterday to look for the Participation Report and Game Reports/Stats. Got the same message. Maybe what Stock said in the presser about not wanting to revisit :D Saturday night filtered all the way down to the SID’s office!

weather is not looking very promising at this point with likely thunderstorms in the afternoon with chance of rain set at 80% to cloudy in the evening with rain chance at 20%

I don't know much about UTM, but if MT doesn't come out and destroy them it's going to be embarrassing. This should be a cupcake victory based on the Big League vs. Little League program alone.

I don't know much about UTM, but if MT doesn't come out and destroy them it's going to be embarrassing. This should be a cupcake victory based on the Big League vs. Little League program alone.
The last two times they played Memphis, UTM kicked a field goal to win and played close to the bitter end in the 2nd one. They will come in expecting to win.

Thinking about driving in 4 hours for this one. You guys think there will be any tickets left?

excerpt:

...The FCS UT-Martin Skyhawks dropped to 0-1 to start their 2018 season after being defeated by Missouri Tigers, 51-14, this past Saturday. UT-Marin didn’t have answers on either end of the field and couldn’t fight back after falling behind by a 21-0 margin with 12:55 left in the 2nd quarter. The Skyhawks were outgained by the Tigers by a 553-277 margin and recorded just 13 first downs in the loss. Leading the way for UT-Marin was QB Dresser Winn who completed 15 of 24 passes for 168 yards and a TD. RB LaDarius Galloway had a productive game as he rushed for 31 yards on 7 carries, while also hauling in 52 receiving yards and a TD on two receptions. WR Terry Williams led the Skyhawks receivers with 5 receptions for 32 yards. UT-Marin finished last season with a 6-5 (4-4 OVC) record and are projected to be in the middle of the pack again this season. UT-Martin had trouble finding ways to put points on the scoreboard last season as they averaged just 19.6 ppg on 297.7 total yards per game (136.7 rushing yds/g; 161.0 passing yds/g). Defensively, UT-Martin had one of the best defenses in all of College Football as they held their opponents to an incredible 14.3 ppg on 273.8 total yards per game (113.9 rushing yds/g; 159.9 passing yds/g). The Skyhawks defense is led by James Gilleylen who had a nice game to start his season as he registered 8 total tacks with 3 tackles for loss.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders started their 2018 season much like they did last season, with a lopsided loss to the SEC Vanderbilt Commodores. Middle Tennessee hung around early with the Commodores as they were tied at 7-7 after the 1st quarter, but the Blue Raiders offense couldn’t get anything else going for the rest of the game and Middle Tennessee ended up losing their season opener by a 35-7 margin. Middle Tennessee was outgained by the Vanderbilt by a 346-294 margin and loss the turnover battle by a 2-0 margin. Leading the way for the Blue Raiders was their veteran QB, Brent Stockstill, who completed 24 of 36 passes for 178 yards, 1 TD, and an INT. The Middle Tennessee used multiple individuals in the backfield and was led by Tavares Thomas who had 32 yards on 8 carries and also led the team in receiving yards as Thomas had 4 receptions for 42 yards. RB Brad Anderson (5 rec; 37 yards) and WR Ty Lee (5 rec; 25 yards) also contributed in the Blue Raiders passing attack. Middle Tennessee finished last season with an overall record of 7-6 (4-4 C-USA) and could have had an even better season as they were without Brent Stockstill missed significant time last season due to injury. Offensively, Middle Tennessee averaged 25.5 ppg on 393.4 total yards per game (142.3 rushing yds/g; 251.1 passing yds/g). Defensively, Middle Tennessee returned 7 starters on a team that held its opponents to 24.7 ppg on 357.3 total yards per game (134.1 rushing yds/g; 223.2 passing yds/g).

UT-Martin will be a tough team defensively when their FCS schedule starts, however, it’s going to struggle to find a way to slow down Brent Stockstill who has the ability to light up the scoreboard. Middle Tennessee made some great improvements on the defensive end last season which should give an already struggling offense in the Skyhawks trouble.....

In my nearly 20 years of watching MT football, I have never seen a worse group of interior linemen.

Holy smokes it's gonna be a long season.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Our OLine is really, really bad... yikes. Stockstill seems to have regressed, as well. Not looking like a good combo.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
wiley what's that link you use for the game. cause you have a bunch of 1aa linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT