ADVERTISEMENT

Media, Politicians, and Agitators Care Only About Feelings Not Facts

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
The Police and Grand Jury Can't Win! The Media, Politicians, and Agitators Care Only About Feelings Not Facts November 25, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right. Let me see if I can explain this. During the break at the top of the hour I was watching CNN, and at the moment on CNN, Benjamin Crump, the family attorney for the gentle giant is holding court. He's conducting a press conference, and standing right next to him on his right, camera left, is the Reverend Sharpton. We cannot see the audience, which we assume to be accredited journalists and other agitators -- uh, uh, uh -- interested parties.

But a key question was asked. By the way, it's clear that Mr. Crump, speaking for the family, doesn't think justice happened here at all. He thinks that once again they got railroaded, that it's open season now on black kids. Cops have free reign. No justice here occurred whatsoever. Again, you gotta define justice, but this is the sad thing. What resulted in no true bill was the law being followed to the letter. There wasn't any evidence that contradicted this. I mean, there's been no question here, but that doesn't matter to these people.

It doesn't matter. They were invested totally in a different outcome. And they think that outcome is justified not because of the facts of this case, but because of a legacy. They think the outcome that they want is justified independent of the facts, and the denial of the outcome they want equals the denial of justice. And so the whole thing here just perpetuates itself, with no solution, no understanding, none of it. And now there are interested parties waiting to feed off all this, such as the Drive-By Media, 'cause this feeds right into the soap opera script. And then the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world who are able to profit -- and not pay taxes in the case of Sharpton -- off this kind of thing.

SharptonJAckson2PIX.jpg
But what I just saw goes right back to what Rudy Giuliani started making the point on Sunday on Meet the Press. A female reporter -- I don't know who it was -- asked a series of questions to the family attorney, Benjamin Crump, and the Reverend Sharpton. And the question of note was, she said, "When we went by the Ferguson police station, we saw all kinds of uniformed police and military type presence. We saw people with bulletproof vests. We saw SWAT teams fully outfitted at the Ferguson police station, and inside it, it was a fortress. And then when we left, and we went over to West Florissant, where we expected to be stopped because we expected to see a huge police presence, when we got to West Florissant," she said, "we didn't see any cops."

West Florissant is where a lot of the unrest is taking place. And she asked Benjamin Crump and the Reverend Sharpton, "Do you think the authorities let Ferguson burn?" Sharpton started nodding his head, and he couldn't wait to get to the microphone. It was like Chuck Schumer trying to get to a camera and a microphone. Sharpton, he made a beeline for it. The first part of her question was, "Okay. Well, since the local people let us down, do you think the Feds could still bail us out here? Could the Feds indict?" They nodded and they got excited and they made a mad dash for the microphone again. And then this program began and I didn't hear any of their answers to the question, "Did the authorities let Ferguson burn?"

FergusonProtestsSharpton.jpg
But what it points up is this. If the cops had been there in great numbers, that would have been racist. The people of the community or this journalist, "Don't you think the presence of all the cops is kind of a provocation? Don't you think cops in riot gear is an insult? Don't you think the deployment --" And, by the way, they did not deploy the National Guard. Do you know that? A week ago or some such thing, the governor of the state, Jay Nixon, called for the National Guard to be up and ready.

In fact, when I listened to the governor yesterday, it was stunning. I have to tell you, I thought I was listening to Churchill prepare Britain for the upcoming Nazi blitz. You wouldn't have believed the way this guy was portraying the upcoming action to be and how they were close to being militarized in terms of being ready for it. It was stunning. We're talking about my home state, by the way. I grew up two hours south of St. Louis.

Anyway, you can't win, and you can't lose. If there had been a big police presence on West Florissant, then the agitators would have said, "See? Look, you bring all these white cops in here, and you're just provoking us. This is our neighborhood." Okay, so the cops stay away because they don't want to be provocative, they don't want to provoke, they don't want to get in the way, and then they say, "Where were you? You weren't out here protecting. Ferguson burned, and you weren't here. You let it."

The cops can't win, but in a scenario that's drawn up exactly that way. Listen to Giuliani explain it. Grab sound bite number 16. This was on CNN today. This was this morning and he makes the same point that I just made. Obama talks about how in poor communities you need more cops, but Obama said the problem with that is that the cops are not representative of the community. And, by the way, has it now become just foregone conclusion that poor communities are crime ridden? We just have to accept that. Poor communities are crime ridden. It's the way it's gonna be, it's the way it is, it's understandable and we've gotta do something about it.

It used to not be that way. It used to not be a given that poor communities were ridden with crime. It used to be, in fact, just the exact opposite, not that long ago. But now it's just a foregone conclusion that poor communities are crime laden. So you have a police presence there, and that's racist. You have a police presence there, it's provocative. You take the police out, they don't go there, the crime continues to happen, and that gets racist allegations.

Here's the way Giuliani explained it. Question from Alisyn Camerota: "I want to ask you about some controversial comments that you made on 'Meet the Press' over the weekend. You seem to be suggesting that the real focus here should be black-on-black violence. And that white cops wouldn't have to go into black communities if black communities could sort of better police themselves."

GIULIANI: I said the same thing the president the United States said and I was accused of being a racist. The president of the United States said because minority communities typically are subject to more crime, they need law enforcement more than anybody else. When he said it, he wasn't accused of being a racist. When I said it my adversary said I was a racist. If there are large amounts of crime in this community, we put more police there. If we didn't do that, we would be racist. If I put all my police on Park Avenue and none of my police where five times more crime is taking place, then I'd be accused of being a racist. The police follow where the crime is committed.

RUSH: Yeah. Well, this is the second time in Ferguson that the cops seemingly stood aside. And some people asked, "Were orders given?" Because remember back in the summer, I forget who it was who said it, but from on high there was an official, almost a policy-like belief, "Hey, look, this is so fever pitched here, just let 'em have the night, get it out of their system and we'll deal with this tomorrow." And small businesses were being destroyed. Remember the small business owners complaining about it? There aren't any cops. Where are the cops? What are the cops for, the cops are here to defend the law-abiding and these businesses, and they're not there, remember that? Just let 'em get it out of their system was the attitude back then.

I don't know what happened on West Florissant last night, I just hear this journalist ask the question, it's a no-win. If the cops show up, it's racist. If they don't show up, it's racist. According to the activists. Did the authorities let Ferguson burn last night 'cause she saw all that police presence at the police station in Ferguson. They were protecting themselves, but they didn't seem to be protecting anybody else.

But then, on the other hand, I guarantee you if there had been a uniformed presence heavily outfitted, riot gear and all that, somebody in that community would have said, "What is this? This is overkill. You're bringing all these people in here, what do you think we are?" And they would level allegations of racism on that basis, too.

It's a no-win situation. (interruption) Oh, the cops were there. There were 60 arrests in Ferguson, but she was talking about a particular place, West Florissant, where she happened to go. She expected to have to show ID to get past a checkpoint, or whatever. She expected to get past without being stopped. She didn't think that was gonna happen. No, I don't think the Republicans were there. You mean the photo ID? Yeah. The Republicans demand a photo ID. Yeah, right.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: One more sound bite just came in, before we hit the phones. I mentioned this earlier, but here it is in audio form. This is the stepfather of the gentle giant. This would be Gentle Giant, Sr. Actually his name is Louis Head, and he is the stepfather. It's last night in Ferguson, the gentle giant's mother, Lesley McSpadden, and the stepfather, Louis Head, spoke to the crowd about the grand jury deciding not to indict the police officer, Darren Wilson. After the gentle giant's mother broke down crying, the stepfather, Louis Head, began shouting at the crowd for action.

HEAD: Burn this mother (Bleep) down! Burn this (Bleep) down! Burn this (Bleep) down! Burn this (Bleep) down! Burn this (Bleep) down! Burn this (Bleep) down!

RUSH: Are you able to understand that? Were you? Burn this mother (bleep) down, and then burn down this bitch. One, two, three. He's exhorting the crowd last night.

END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

CNN: Michael Brown's Stepfather at Rally: 'Burn this Bitch Down!'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT