ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MBB: Belmont @ Middle Tennessee (ASN), 6:00PM Thursday, Dec. 17

I don't think out team will be focusing on anything else other than Ga State. They are a very good team.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Thought this was one of our most complete games in a long time. We started from the get go with great defense and kept our foot on the pedal and on their throat throughout the game. We looked for scoring chances and did not let the shot clock get down too far. We had a few droughts in scoring but during those times the defense kept Belmont from cutting into our lead. Some Belmont fans near us were pretty arrogant at the beginning but strange how quiet they became as the game wore on. One of the fans told me the game meant nothing to them. I told him it would have mattered if they had won.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
We made 25 2-pt baskets against Belmont. That is a sign of dominance there. 3-pt shooting can be streaky, but if you make 25 2-pt baskets on an opponent, you are getting the shots you want from the players you want to take them. Great performance last night. Enjoyed every second of it.

RPI

Conference
69 Middle Tennessee
79 Louisiana Tech
96 UTEP
97 Western Kentucky
161 UAB
203 Charlotte
208 Marshall
218 Florida Atlantic
221 Old Dominion
240 Rice
283 Florida Intl
304 North Texas
330 Texas San Antonio

Out of Conference
65 South Dakota State
89 Belmont
110 VCU
118 Murray State
141 Georgia State
178 Toledo
192 UNC Asheville
224 Tennessee State
298 South Alabama

State
21 UT Chattanooga
31 Vanderbilt
86 Tennessee
89 Belmont
133 Memphis
192 Austin Peay
199 East Tennessee State
219 UT-Martin
224 Tennessee State
245 Lipscomb
248 Tennessee Tech

If we beat both GSU and SDS I would say this could be the best start CKD has ever had. Don't want to jinx it, but dang.

Thought this was one of our most complete games in a long time. We started from the get go with great defense and kept our foot on the pedal and on their throat throughout the game. We looked for scoring chances and did not let the shot clock get down too far. We had a few droughts in scoring but during those times the defense kept Belmont from cutting into our lead. Some Belmont fans near us were pretty arrogant at the beginning but strange how quiet they became as the game wore on. One of the fans told me the game meant nothing to them. I told him it would have mattered if they had won.

Another big reason I'm so glad MT finally won. Beyond restoring balance to the force, it was great to share a big ole can of shut up juice to some arrogant fans. It's one thing to have a lofty superior attitude when your team is a legit national power, it's ridiculous bordering on embarrassing when fans have the lofty superior attitude when they are good in the ovc and generally good for a low to mid-major.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I think we still have to win the conference tourney. RPI will sink like a rock when conference play starts. We will need all our non-conference opponents to knock it out of the park and us to lose at the most 1-2 conference games to stand a chance at an at large. Cusa is SBC level bad this year.

RPI at 54 this morning - Could it be that this could be a special year?

The espn link I used for the listing now has MT at 48...

If it's going to be a special year, MT needs to win its remaining out of conference games - gastate and sdsu are going to be extremely tough. And as mentioned by TekeRaider still probably going to have to win the conference tourney.

Unfortunate that the conference is sooooo bad this year. And we were told the conference would be top 10 this year - We'll be lucky not to be in the bottom 10 of all 30+ D-1 conferences. Several schools who where expected to be good haven't represented.

My fondest wish would be for C-USA BkB to become The &$%-major conference in it's geographic footprint. (A-10 good) Not close

As glad as I am about MT getting two big wins, I'm not counting any chicks before they hatch either. I just did not see C-USA stinking so bad this season. Heck! I thought I heard Kermit say before the season that C-USA will be so strong that there might be 2 or 3 NCAA teams from C-USA this season. Did I imagine that? Dream it one night after some bad pizza? Whatever the case, C-USA is not looking so hot right now. LaTech is only other team looking reasonably strong, and now MT is starting play like most anticipated. UAB and WKU don't look quite as good as one would usually expect. ODU? I don't know what has happened to ODU. UTEP may still develop into a force, but in the ooc they aren't exactly showing a whole lot. I'd say ODU's poor start has to be the surprise poor start to the season.

With terribly low conf rpi, it just might be a must to win the conf tourney. I'm just not recalling Kermit getting that done in his many years here. Plus, it stinks that the location of the tourney again will basically be a home game for a key rival and likely competitive team come tourney time.

Not that I'm giving up on NCAA hopes either! For me, strong ooc play and wins for the resume are for a NIT bid if things don't go the way us MT fans hope come early March. Obviously, a strong resume is still important for more than a 14 seed if things go like all us MT fans would hope in early March. After last year's finish, I'd think another CBI or CIT or whatever they call those tournaments would be somewhat of a disappointment.

I don't give a damn about the rest of CUSA - its all about winning a championship. Its real early, but winning guarantees us a dance entry - and not one of the play in games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT