ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (9-1) @ Belmont (4-3) (ASN, MyTV30), 7pm, Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Thought we were in trouble when we were down by 5 in the second half. Glad we could give Belmont a taste of their own medicine with the 3 ball late in the game.

Great win.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I like how Kermit is handling the freshman Dixon. He's letting the kid build his confidence.
I thought Dixon hit two of the biggest shots of the game with those 3s at the end. That really sealed the deal. He played really well. I am impressed with everyone on this team. I can see why we didn't play the 13 as much against BU; they will kill you from three. Glad we stepped up and won like a good team does - by grinding it out, being tough, and making plays. How about that turnout of MT fans? We had just about half the crowd! Even in the areas not in the MT behind the bench corner, there were MT fans everywhere. It was LOUD in there... What a win. Now, beat VCU!

Watching Kermit and Byrd get upset is in itself worth the price of admission. When Belmont blew back in the first half to tie it up Kermit went on a tirade. Then Belmont's PG threw a lazy pass and Byrd called a timeout. First time I've ever seen him slam a clipboard to the floor. Helluva ball game. This team has a chance to go deep in the tournament. Every one of them can jump out of the gym.

It will be fun to watch the freshman PG matchup with the kid from Dickson County. (JeQuan Lewis) and whoever gets the assignment of guarding Mo Alie-Cox. Beat VCU in their place and I bet they bust the Top 25 next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT