ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (17-3, 7-0) vs.Southern Mississippi (6-13, 3-4) , ESPN3, 6:30PM, Thursday, 1/26/17

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Middle Tennessee (17-3, 7-0 C-USA) vs.Southern Mississippi (6-13, 3-4 C-USA)

Date: Thursday, January 26

Tip-Off: 6:30 p.m. CT

TV: None

Online Streaming: ESPN3

-Must have valid cable log-in to access the game stream

Radio: 1450 AM, 97.5 FM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM, 102.5 FM

Free Audio: Click here

Series Record: 7th meeting; MT leads series 5-1

Last Meeting: February 13, 2016 (MT 76, USM 54)

Rosters: MT/USM

warren nolan live rpi: MT #34 / USM #339

Live-RPI.com: MT #34 / USM #339

Sagarin: MT #59 / USM #326

Pomeroy: MT #46 / USM #329

KPI: MT #31 / USM #324

ESPN BPI: MT #56/ USM #331

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Thursday in college basketball action at the Murphy Athletic Center.

The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles look for a big win after splitting their last six games. The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles are averaging 59.7 points on 38.7 percent shooting and allowing 70.5 points on 43 percent shooting. Quinton Campbell is averaging 12.6 points and 1.1 assists while Cortez Edwards is averaging 9.7 points and 4.9 rebounds. Eddie Davis III is grabbing 5.4 rebounds and Kevin Holland is dishing 1.9 assists. The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles are shooting 27.9 percent from beyond the arc and 67.7 percent from the free throw line. The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles are allowing 36.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 30.6 rebounds per game. The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles have lost 12 straight road games.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders look to stay hot while building on their seven-game winning streak. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are averaging 73.4 points on 48.2 percent shooting and allowing 64.4 points on 42.6 percent shooting. JaCorey Williams is averaging 17.9 points and two assists while Giddy Potts is averaging 15.1 points and 5.3 rebounds. Reggie Upshaw is the third double-digit scorer and Tyrik Dixon is grabbing 2.6 rebounds. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are shooting 38.4 percent from beyond the arc and 66.1 percent from the free throw line. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are allowing 33.9 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 32.1 rebounds per game. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won five of their last six home games.

The Golden Eagles are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 road games and 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall. The Blue Raiders are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 home games and 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games overall. The under is 7-1 in Blue Raiders last 8 home games and the under is 8-3-1 in Golden Eagles last 12 overall.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are playing their best ball of the season right now and have been cash cows when it comes to covering the number. The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles have been terrible all season and even worse on the road.....

Anyone know how the crowd was tonight? I'll be bringing family and friends Saturday.

I watch online at the PHL airport. It looked like 4-5k. However there seemed to be a few more students.

Anyone know how the crowd was tonight? I'll be bringing family and friends Saturday.

It wasn't great. It was better than some of the games while the students were out, but not by much. I expect it to be better. A friend said a friend from one church in the boro has 80 tickets to distribute for Saturday

The student section was full. Big thanks to them.
As for the rest it was still pitiful. This team deserves more.

I think marketing needs to wake up to the fact that the 6:30 start times are hurting attendance at the start of the game. Last night at 6:30 it was a pitiful crowd and by 7:00 or slightly before it turned into a decent crowd. I know personally it is hard to make a 6:30 tip off when driving back home to the Boro from my office in Cool Springs.

Reactions: MidTnBlues
We didn't make it last night as we had plans. Life gets in the way some times. I will be there Saturday!!

I think marketing needs to wake up to the fact that the 6:30 start times are hurting attendance at the start of the game. Last night at 6:30 it was a pitiful crowd and by 7:00 or slightly before it turned into a decent crowd. I know personally it is hard to make a 6:30 tip off when driving back home to the Boro from my office in Cool Springs.

Yep, a lot of us don't work in the boro, though we may live here, and it is a struggle if you are fighting traffic, especially on I-24, during rush hour. It is damn inconvenient to fans, but that doesn't appear to be given any consideration. For years games started at 7 or 7:30 and back in the day when it was a MBB/WBB double header, sometimes games started later than 7:30.

I can't imagine any good reason why the start times are 6:30 instead of 7 or 7:30. It's not like we have tv contracts with legit networks that cause every single game time to be a certain time.

Press deadlines for an article to get in the paper should be less a consideration as each year passes and the dead tree media continues to decline in use by consumers. Hell, I'm in my mid sixties, and I haven't bought a single paper in nearly a year. At one time I had papers delivered or I bought one almost daily. As long as it is on line, I'm good.

5,500 for the #1 team in the state. Winning should be the answer, but like Coach was saying after the game I don't think many people in the city even know that we are the best team in the state let alone #32 in the polls and undefeated in conference play. Hello?! Can we please go out and knock on some doors or something? What does it take? Robo-calls? I have no freakin clue.

We have a lot of old fans. 6:30 tipoffs are already making them (us) stay up past bedtime.
Exactly why we need to reach out to younger fans and all these people in the city. Create a new generation of fans.

Billboards. Put our records up and the times, dates, and opponents for the next homestand. They may be expensive but what we are doing now isn't working.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
5,500 for the #1 team in the state. Winning should be the answer, but like Coach was saying after the game I don't think many people in the city even know that we are the best team in the state let alone #32 in the polls and undefeated in conference play. Hello?! Can we please go out and knock on some doors or something? What does it take? Robo-calls? I have no freakin clue.
It's nothing but laziness.After living here for 2 years I realize this. Everyone has an excuse, school night, don't want to fight traffic(although they live 2 blocks from MC), it's too expensive, I'll be late getting home, blah blah blah. I've spoken to people who have no idea what impact MT has on this community. All I can say is get off your fat lazy azz and support this University or move to Grundy County or some other God forbidden hole.
Rant over. GO BLUE!

I did see an ad for this weekend series this morning on one of the cable (comcast) news channels and not in Rutherford Co. The PTB in The Murph are doing something to get the word out. Some of us think they do nothing but they did find the $$$s somewhere to get a cable ad buy.

I'm a CPA and by late January, I pretty much can't make weeknight games. Will be there tomorrow and looking forward to being there. Blue Raider basketball is a significant part of what gets me through the work busy season.

One thing that is new this year is my son being more and more invested in the team. My wife took him to the game last night so 2 of our 3 season tickets were used.

Reactions: MTTim and MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT