ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Link to introducing Derek Mason as FB HC

Kendall Simmons, former analyst at Auburn.

Auburn grad and 8 year NFL vet
He was also the assistant OL coach 3 years ago along with being the OL coach the last 4 games of the 22 season. Mason is impressing me so far. Maybe he will engage kids on campus to get them to go to games.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Very glad I watched the video. Great idea to have CDM in the parade. To hop out of the truck, walk the parade route & introduce himself shaking hands with everyone has probably never been done by any coach here ever. Thumbs up Coach Mason👍

Very glad I watched the video. Great idea to have CDM in the parade. To hop out of the truck, walk the parade route & introduce himself shaking hands with everyone has probably never been done by any coach here ever. Thumbs up Coach Mason👍
He was by himself. No AD or Pres. I doubt they ever did anything like that. That said a lot about the past to me. If the school isn't going to have a presence in the community, why would the community have a presence at the games? Kudos to CDM for doing that. It seems like he gets that aspect from the jump. Smart move.

Has us pegged at the 14th best hire...

Just goes to show you never know. On paper they are right. OC will make or break him.

They mentioned ranking Jedd Fisch dead last. A terrible hire at the time. His first season was 1-11, then 5-7, now 9-3 and ranked. Not crazy about 1-11 of course but I'd be ok with a trajectory of improving by four wins a year the first 3yrs.

He was by himself. No AD or Pres. I doubt they ever did anything like that. That said a lot about the past to me. If the school isn't going to have a presence in the community, why would the community have a presence at the games? Kudos to CDM for doing that. It seems like he gets that aspect from the jump. Smart move.
Just to clarify, Lee was also in the truck it looked like.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT