ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CDM promises return of Spring Game...

The first few Spring Games were great, then Stockstill kept watering it down until it was just a glorified practice.
When it was a day of Football, the KD Wing Fling, and a home baseball game, it was a great thing. That they went away from that should have been an immediate firing offense for all involved in that decision.

When it was a day of Football, the KD Wing Fling, and a home baseball game, it was a great thing. That they went away from that should have been an immediate firing offense for all involved in that decision.
I know a few times they got a bad draw with weather but when the weather was good, the day seem really well attended.

We haven't done a great job entertaining," Mason said. "You have to provide an experience. We need entertainment that can center around children and center around adults. We have to be smart, think outside the box and see what exactly we can do to get our people back."

Saying all the right things. Just telling me they are thinking outside the box and want to provide an experience gets me excited

Need to get Greek life back involved. This was always a great spring event for us with the Wing Fling and spring game.

A rowdy student base, spearheaded by Greek Life, is a must-have for any college team trying to build itself up.

This x 100. A True Blue Great Raider Weekend

Friday baseball and softball. Perhaps a concert at the glass house.

Saturday morning 5K. Late morning chili cook off or BBQ contest.11:00 women’s tennis. 2:00 softball. 4:00 football spring game. 7:00 baseball. Fireworks after baseball game.

Academic open house all day Saturday.

Sunday men’s tennis, softball and baseball.

Make it a weekend family event. We already have tennis, baseball and softball that weekend, so capitalize on it and coordinate the weekend to make it something that people may come in from out of town.

I’ve seen it at other schools exactly like this. It’s an annual event. Maybe @ldeleon5 et al. could make it happen.

This x 100. A True Blue Great Raider Weekend

Friday baseball and softball. Perhaps a concert at the glass house.

Saturday morning 5K. Late morning chili cook off or BBQ contest.11:00 women’s tennis. 2:00 softball. 4:00 football spring game. 7:00 baseball. Fireworks after baseball game.

Academic open house all day Saturday.

Sunday men’s tennis, softball and baseball.

Make it a weekend family event. We already have tennis, baseball and softball that weekend, so capitalize on it and coordinate the weekend to make it something that people may come in from out of town.

I’ve seen it at other schools exactly like this. It’s an annual event. Maybe @ldeleon5 et al. could make it happen.
100% this.

Throw in a meet the coach or players signatures and get K Byard involved somehow. There is/was so much untapped potential here.

Bounce houses, food trucks, Blue Raider Brat eating contest. There are so many young families in the boro itching for things to do with kids.

100% this.

Throw in a meet the coach or players signatures and get K Byard involved somehow. There is/was so much untapped potential here.

Bounce houses, food trucks, Blue Raider Brat eating contest. There are so many young families in the boro itching for things to do with kids.
Hans was in Starkville for several years, so he is familiar with their Super Bulldawg Weekend, which is where I stole my ideas. Just copy them.

yall are making the AD job too easy with all these ideas. To have Food trucks out and a beer garden for a weekend would make since and especially if you aren't the food trucks a fee, just free advertising for their services
It's not hard to listen though. It's free help, take advantage.

They also used to have ideas meetings where people would come and give their ideas.

Reactions: ewglenn
really happy to see the program waking up from a long slumber.
I really wish someone had saved that link to the video they made of Stockstill trying to give away t-shirts and tickets in the Student Center cafeteria. We could have preserved video evidence of how bad he was at PR and how low it can go. The reaction of the student sitting there eating his lunch was priceless.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
yall are making the AD job too easy with all these ideas. To have Food trucks out and a beer garden for a weekend would make since and especially if you aren't the food trucks a fee, just free advertising for their services
This has been my issue with the AD’s office. Some of these things are so easy and straightforward to execute on, but we don’t even seem to make an effort a lot of times.

Good to see the fanbase getting re-engaged with a spring game. Low hanging fruit that can build some interest in theprogram.

Reactions: RaidRRick
It’s been a minute since I listened to interview, but I seem to remember CDM mentioning a concert around the time of the spring game

I miss the yard sale they used to do as well. Sell all of the old team stuff and what not. i miss that.
Man I would be all over that. I've been searching for a game ball for years. Cheapest I've ever found is close to $200, and not in that great of shape either.
I really wish someone had saved that link to the video they made of Stockstill trying to give away t-shirts and tickets in the Student Center cafeteria. We could have preserved video evidence of how bad he was at PR and how low it can go. The reaction of the student sitting there eating his lunch was priceless.
I've searched multiple times for that thing. Never can find it. And they say you can't erase anything from the internet...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT