My thoughts after attending the game:
Brea Edwards is the real deal
Olivia had a horrible offensive game but she is a menace on defense
Our post play leaves a lot to be desired on both ends of the floor

My thoughts after attending the game:
Brea Edwards is the real deal
Olivia had a horrible offensive game but she is a menace on defense
Our post play leaves a lot to be desired on both ends of the floor

I didn't think much at all of OJs efforts. There were a few flashes, but nothing that merits her being an all conference type player. A great player shows up in big games like this with points, rebounds, and at the FT line.. She disappeared. Just pathetic. Proud of Brea's effort. They need plays designed to get her open and to get her the ball.

I agree about, OJ tonight. She didn't seem to have much intensity. I heard someone comment that they wondered if she was ill. The missed free throws were the big killer though.

I didn't think much at all of OJs efforts. There were a few flashes, but nothing that merits her being an all conference type player. A great player shows up in big games like this with points, rebounds, and at the FT line.. She disappeared. Just pathetic. Proud of Brea's effort. They need plays designed to get her open and to get her the ball.
I agree, the coaching staff needs to find a way to get Brea open looks

I don't think Jones was even in the gym. Petty was almost as bad with her play at times. Team could not get on the same page. Very much unlike an Insell team. Part of the problem is the number of people that are having to play that don't have very much experience. Even with all the screw-ups and miss communication what cost MT the game was, " FREE THROWS". If they had hit 75% of the free throws they win. I think I quit counting at 2 for 10 I believe early. The post play will improve and hopefully Jones and Petty return from what ever planet they went to on their vacation. I am puzzled by Porter not playing more she didn't screw up any more than Rueter or Lyons. Bree carried the team tonight and if Jones had gotten half her average from last year and the team had hit free throws we win going away. Virginia got a present tonight.

I don't think Jones was even in the gym. Petty was almost as bad with her play at times. Team could not get on the same page. Very much unlike an Insell team. Part of the problem is the number of people that are having to play that don't have very much experience. Even with all the screw-ups and miss communication what cost MT the game was, " FREE THROWS". If they had hit 75% of the free throws they win. I think I quit counting at 2 for 10 I believe early. The post play will improve and hopefully Jones and Petty return from what ever planet they went to on their vacation. I am puzzled by Porter not playing more she didn't screw up any more than Rueter or Lyons. Bree carried the team tonight and if Jones had gotten half her average from last year and the team had hit free throws we win going away. Virginia got a present tonight.
I dont understand how free throws are still an issue. Like others Im sure this team will get better and the stars will play the way they are expected to. I really wanted this game against a mediocre P5 team

I dont understand how free throws are still an issue. Like others Im sure this team will get better and the stars will play the way they are expected to. I really wanted this game against a mediocre P5 team

They killed us and all that can be done is practice them. They need to shoot 100 after each practice because all they are is repetition and hand eye coordination. But the biggest part is between the ears for some of the players. Yea Jones and Petty dropped the ball last night and as for post play if a post player had 12 points and 12 rebounds by themselves people would say they had a good game so that to me is not an issue but the way Jones and Petty played is to me. They are suppose to be the strongest part of this team and last night they were the weak link.

Bottomline, you can't beat decent plays missing the FTs, and your PG with 7 TOs and then you best player hits one shot.

Its a long season. The can and will play better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT