ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Raiders' tough schedule starts now

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
dnj:

...Without knowing how many bids the league will have available this year when Selection Sunday rolls around, Insell clearly saw it as imperative to play another brutally tough out-of-conference schedule.

And he didn't give the Lady Raiders a warm-up game despite a roster with five freshmen, most of whom will likely play against the Lady Vols on Friday night.

"You go out and you take care of Tennessee, Arkansas, Miami and Kentucky, you've got a chance to be in the top 10 in the country," Insell said about the first four games on this year's schedule. "That's where you want your program. Not many programs get that opportunity." .....

This post was edited on 11/6 6:00 AM by SpaceRaider

Lady Raiders' tough schedule starts now

Afraid we may have one of our worst pre-conference records but hopefully will develop and be better by the time conference games start. CRI was on 102.5 this morning and said the UTEP coach was really unhappy that we were voted #1.

Originally posted by blueboro007:

Afraid we may have one of our worst pre-conference records but hopefully will develop and be better by the time conference games start. CRI was on 102.5 this morning and said the UTEP coach was really unhappy that we were voted #1.
Quite frankly, I have been puzzled as well about that. Elie, and Kortney were two of the legs of what seemed to me to be the three legged stool of Lady Raider basketball. You don't replace seasoned seniors with players fresh out of high school, move to a more well regarded conference, and get selected preseason #1. I must be overlooking something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT