ADVERTISEMENT

Kermit's experienced squad eager to prove worth

I still don't understand that Auburn series. How we didn't get a true home game out of that is beyond me.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the basketball season. If a few of the newcomers can contribute, we could have a big year.

Reactions: ToddMalone
MTBig Blue: We really got taken to the woodshed by Pearl. I'm sure he thought he couldn't take the chance to play in The Murph but what the hey, he's rebuilding a program which is clearly not an "elite" program. His tenure would not be affected one iota should he happen to lose to MT. If we can get a true 1-1-1 series with $EC Ole Miss then Auburn (very similar programs) should have come to M'Boro.

Regardless, this game is not even the premiere event on the day of the game at the venue it's being played. It's doubtful the game will draw as many in the Tire Barn as it would in The Murph that night. Pearl and/or Auburn fans would find their way to The Boro as easily as downtown N'ville. I'm not sure what that does to help either MT or Auburn grow their program. And should the game be televised the atmosphere could be downright dismal.

considering how many clowns wore orange when we played Ole Miss' women last year, it wouldnt surprise me to see a bunch of sidewalk UT alum show up to that game to show that they miss Bruce.

Last edited:
MTBig Blue: We really got taken to the woodshed by Pearl. I'm sure he thought he couldn't take the chance to play in The Murph but what the hey, he's rebuilding a program which is clearly not an "elite" program. His tenure would not be affected one iota should he happen to lose to MT. If we can get a true 1-1-1 series with $EC Ole Miss then Auburn (very similar programs) should have come to M'Boro.

Regardless, this game is not even the premiere event on the day of the game at the venue it's being played. It's doubtful the game will draw as many in the Tire Barn as it would in The Murph that night. Pearl and/or Auburn fans would find their way to The Boro as easily as downtown N'ville. I'm not sure what that does to help either MT or Auburn grow their program. And should the game be televised the atmosphere could be downright dismal.

Very true. Kermit should have bucked-up and told him we aren't playing unless you come here. Of course he was probably more afraid of hurting their friendship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT