ADVERTISEMENT

Kermit in contract talks with Massaro and McPhee...

I agree Dukewayne. Again, we should pay Kermit not only to retain him, but because he's earned it. I'd love to know how much $$$ our last 2 tournament appearances have yielded the school.

I read something somewhere about VCU's final four run yielding them $677 million worth of free publicity. When George Mason had their run, there were similar numbers discussed.

Now I understand the Round of 32 and the Final Four are two totally different animals, however; getting to the round of 32 2 years in a row (and doing it in amazing fashion with the win over michigan st.) has to be worth a few million. Plus the extra NCAA tournament shares from those 2 wins.....I'd say Kermit has more than earned a hefty contract.

Kermit success is completely different when you look at coach Stock. Stock literally had one magically season with Dasher and TF and has had a life-time contract ever since.

What Kermit has done is build a program and sustain success at the highest of levels and there's zero indication to show that things won't continue. He's bringing in good players that fit into his system and constructing not only a great starting 5 to put on the floor, but a deep bench in case of any unforeseen injuries or departures. The only thing that's going to knock MT down in basketball is if the conference gets better as a whole. We've largely beat up on a weak CUSA these last few years (not taking anything away from our guys). So if the rest of the conference steps it up (WKU has a stud recruiting class), we might find ourselves not winning it every year, but then that opens the door for potential at-large bids if the conference as a whole is better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT